Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
This year the conference in Washington DC iis May 10-13. My husband and I are considering attending and I do like the idea of getting a chance to speak with state senators and representatives. It will be a long trip, though, so we do have some hesitation/concern about going.

Have any of you attended in the past or is anyone considering this year? Was it worthwhile?

-Kay

My wife and I are going. I am from that area so I have that added reason to go back home, but even if I didn't I would go. I have a friend who lost her husband over 3 years ago who went and said it was very worthwhile. I have another who has had ALS for 5 years go last year and she encouraged me to go. It is a lot of effort but I am looking forward to meeting other PALS/CALS and whoever may be there from Congress.

You should talk with Kim and Taryn. I am sure they would encourage you to go. I here you have a new ALSA person starting down there. Congrats! Of course no one can be another Kim, but I am sure he will be good.

Doug

My husband and I went last year, and we're registered for this year. The accessible rooms in the hotel are already spoken for, so we'll be down the street, but this year he has his wheels so that won't be a problem.

We learned a lot and met a lot of wonderful people last year. It would be nice to get together with anyone here who will also be there.

Unless something changes we are going as well.

>Have any of you attended in the past or is anyone considering this year? Was it worthwhile?

yes and we will go again this year if :I can. see my blog on ut ...

Max - Sunday, March 22, 2015 5:31:58 PM

ALS sucks, but It Is What It Is ... and someone else has it worse so I'll try not to complain today!
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back