Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Buckeye
for my back and hands, hoping the problems that I've been having with them wasn't ALS related, but something that would eventually go away. No such luck though. It is from the ALS.:( The doctor didn't even bother with a x-ray, said that all the symptoms are ALS symptoms & no sense in subjecting me to x-rays, if not truly needed. She did have blood tests ordered to make sure my liver is still doing alright, the results will be back in a week. She was very supportive & talked to me at great length. She's my primary care doctor & this was the first time I've seen her since the diagnosis. She got teary eyed when she read the notes from the Mayo Clinic and gave me her cell phone number in case I need someone to talk to or if I need anything like medical devices that she can order for me. She prescribed a low dose pain med for when the pain is intense. I'm not one who likes taking prescribed pain meds, so I hope I can do without it. Well that's it...just have to have faith that God will heal me & provide a cure for this horrific disease. Can never give up on hope. Right?

Donna, you and Gerard have a lot of planning to do for your kids sake. Wishing you comfort.

Thank you very much.

I am sorry that it was related. It seems like we kinda of get used to what is going on and then get slapped in the face with another problem. It hurts as it is another bitter reminder of what will be taken from us. I wonder if we ever get used to it and if it becomes easier to accept?

): In the midst of the bad news, it sounds like you have a lovely doctor. How many give anyone their private cell number? I'm so sorry...

Thank you both. Tripete, that is how it seems to be. We come to terms with the symptoms that we do have just to have new ones appear. Today I have experiencing clamping in both of my hands, and my little finger is still sore from it. It just never ends. My husband Gerard, did buy me some software and a headset that will allow me to use my voice to run my computer, type and etc., so that should be of some help for awhile. And my our youngest son got me a headset to hook to my cell phone, so I won't have to hold it anymore, just have to get a special cord for it. Still waiting for the software that Gerard to be delivered. It's called the Dragon Speak Naturally, from the website and the reviews seems like it will work good. I will also be able to use the headset to record my voice for the ModelTalker program.

Nuts, yes she is very kind, and I too was surprised that she gave me her cell phone number. Don't know if I will ever call her, but it's nice knowing that I can. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back