Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Surf City
Right after a tech at VA stuck me for arterial blood two weeks ago, he was out 11 days with the flu. I was stuck there again last week. They just cancelled my appt for FVC test today because another tech is out with flu.

"Yep. Half the staff here are coughing up a lung, as it were. You might be wise to stay away if you don’t really need to come in. Also if you do come make sure you sterilize your hands before touching your face."

They re-skedded my FVC test for the 20th.

Definitely stay away! And I would call and check that it is all over before going in on the 20th You do not need that!

I am headed to urgent care. Last thing I want to do is give Steve whatever it is I have picked up. Its bronchitis at the least and yes I am coughing up a lung.

sorry gooseberry hope you feel better soon, I guess the good news if any is that you have a lung that can be coughed up :)

Thanks a lot Neil:) I never did make it there due to company that arrived and just left. It will have to be tomorrow. I wish I had the meds for today. Steve has clinic Friday and I thin I will be wearing a mask if they let me in....will have to call and see.

oh no Steph, you need to get to the doc if you think it is serious! Last time I had a cold I wore a mask when ever I helped my husband. you can get the ones that help block germs at Walgreens or CVS.

I have heard there is so much crap going around! this crazy weather doesn't help

We use M95 masks I think by 3M whenever I go out. I can see people looking at me like I have Ebola-if only they knew I was scared of them and would give anything to have Ebola.

Steph, I hope you get to urgent care and feel better soon [stay hydrated! eat vites/supplements!], but honestly, if you are contagious, I would postpone Steve's clinic. Masks are not 100% even for the viruses they are rated for, and the rest of your body obviously isn't covered so you could still pass something along. When you travel, you and Steve will be in a closed vehicle together with less circulation/dispersion volume than your home, in the peak contagion period.

Clinics are hotbeds of pathogens anyway, most of all in winter. You could add one bug to another as your immune system is already working hard, and you should be resting as much as you can!

Just my two cents --

Why not decorate it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 221
Tracy, I love the mask! Great idea.

GB I am so glad they let you know! Last time we went to our local VA they put us in a room alone instead of the waiting room because they didn't want Grumpy exposed to anyone. That is one of the reason I love them so much, they look out for him!
Steph, I hope you got to urgent care and are feeling better!
~Kaye

I am feeling much better. Turns out just a nasty cold/virus that went to my chest but I was wheezing so I got the ole steroid shot cause it was pretty bad. On the mend and doing so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back