Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
North Carolina
City
Durham, NC
Hello, everyone. I am a counselor-in-training and am working closely with someone who has ALS and would like to learn more about the experiences of people who have this medical condition. Anything you feel comfortable sharing will enable me to come to a better understanding of this woman's struggles. For example, what can you tell me about the physical, emotional, psychological, vocational, social, and/or experiences you have had? Thank you so much for considering my request.

Candita I would suggest you browse the posts here. The stories of many PALS and CALS are told here though every PALS is unique. To answer such a broad question is quite frankly asking too much of PALS with physical limitations. Do you know some of us type with our eyes? Or with a toe? And the CALS are very exhausted. But reading a few threads in each of the main sections will tell you a lot. Good luck in your training

Nikki offers great advice. Take some time to go through the threads on this forum. It is exceptionally dense with information. You can also visit the ALS Association website, that too offers lots of great information. Best of luck with your training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back