Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
louisiana
City
ruston
I hate even talking about this but I just do not know what to do. My dad is steadily getting worse and he seems to be getting more and more angry and aggravated. It is getting to the point to where I believe it is slowly but surely taking away from her life also. She is almost to the point of exhaustion. Iam trying to do all I can, after I work from 7-5 I stay with him until 11 pm until the night help arrives. We are not getting any help out of anyone else. While I would like to be there all the time I can not. I'm scared to mention a nursing home or assisted living because I do not want my after to feel like I'm ready for him to go but just do not know what to do to help the situation further more. my dad just is getting so weak and he can not do anything and tells me everyday that he wants to pass away because he is miserable. That is heart breaking in its self. He can't speak and has to be fed through a tube and stays in his wheelchair all day has no interest in learning to use chair or go outside in it... like he is just giving up. I don't know what to do I don't want to lose my dad but it is slowly tearing my mom down as well...any advice would be great.

Have you contacted your local als association for respite care? Do you have any other familial, church, or friends support or help you could call upon? Is your dad a veteran? There are many resources if he is......lastly, I would call his doctor. Tell them the situation you are in at home. They may be able to get you more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back