Not open for further replies.

rosales20

Country
US
State
CA
City
Whittier
It would be great to know how old everyone is in here. I have a brother who is 28 yrs old and I am 30yrs old. My younger brother has been diagnosed with Bulbar ALS. I fear that I may have the same as well.

God bless...

If you click on Members List (above) then on the name of the person that you are interested in there is a personal profile which includes this info as well as a little bio and the reason the person visits this forum.

If someone wants to complete or edit their profile click on User CP (also above) then click on Edit Profile to provide their info. Members who don't do this are simply listed as having been diagnosed with ALS as that is the default setting.

Hey Rosales,

I am 27 yo, and was diagnosed a year ago.
Are you also in the process of being diagnosed?
Is there any other ALS patients in your family or only you and your brother?
Take care

Omar

Genetic Testing for ALS

rosales20 said:
It would be great to know how old everyone is in here. I have a brother who is 28 yrs old and I am 30yrs old. My younger brother has been diagnosed with Bulbar ALS. I fear that I may have the same as well.

God bless...

I am 54 today. I started having symptoms in 1998 and was diagnosed with ALS in 2000. Please look up at this site for genetic testing for ALS.

http://www.alsa.org/als/genetics.cfm?CFID=3839374&CFTOKEN=36285982

Regards
Bob

23 when diagnosed

My husband has ALS and is only 26 years old. He was diagnosed when he was 23 years old. It has been a long road in the past few years!
Sarah

I am 46, diagnosed 6/2006 at age 45.
Rhonda

44, Dx 30 August 06, my 44th birthday.

60. Dx October 2000. First symptoms when I was 48.

I'm 47 My Mom is 70 and was diagnosed about a month ago.

I'm 47. Diagnosed just four months ago.

Just turned 58 diagnosed in oct. 03.
AL.

how old are your

rosales20 said:

God bless...

My husband just turned 51 - diagnosed in 06/06

how old

I was 53 whenI started with slurred speech in 99 Dx 05 Pat

My dad was 84 when diagnosed with ALS, maybe the oldest person with ALS on this forum. He should have been diagnosed sooner by 1 or2 years. Doctors kept mis-diagnosing making assumptions based on his age, not looking further or listening to his concern that he was becoming weaker so rapidly. Their attitude was...well you are gonna die soon anyway so what's your issue. Maybe I would have had a similar attitude if it wasn't MY father, but I know now that it was agonizing to watch him suffer and lose him, no matter how old he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back