Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
PA, No longer live in ME
City
Pocono's
Just got back from having the VA install the Baclofen pump down at the VA in Boston. Wish I had done this a long time ago, feel good but still very sore. The VA did it a little different then I have read about others here. They admitted me installed the pump first thing in the AM and turned the pump right on. Then as they decreased the oral Baclofen they increase the pump. This went on over a four day time frame. Seemed to work out OK, I go back down in a week for the final adjustment. I had forgotten what it felt like to stay awake all day, now I have problems falling a sleep. Will have to work on that one, would like to stay away from the sleep aid.

Mike

Glad to hear things went so well for you. Hopefully they will be able to balance things so that you can stay awake when you want, and sleep when you need to.

I never did hear from my bil about the NYC VA.

Great to hear Mike, I hope you get all settled at the right levels soon!

So glad you got it in and it is helping. I have a pain pump for spinal cord damage and it changed my life, it gave it back to me. I actually go in for my 3rd replacement pump this Friday. The improvements over the years have been terrific.

Doug

Good to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back