Diagnosis
10/2000
Country
CA
State
NL
City
Newfoundland
I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar experience to mine. I regularly (every 3-4 weeks) have a vivid dream of being able to walk again. In the dream I'm usually a little lame but can get around pretty well, without even a cane. I'm struck by the fact that I'm getting better and feel elated. Then I wake and it takes me several minutes to reconcile the dream with reality and accept the fact that, no, I'm not getting better, I'm getting worse. Last night was the trickiest one yet. I was carrying a heavy load of items into the house from the car and was having trouble carrying it all. Then I realized that I was walking; not only walking but carrying stuff too. Then I experienced a sudden suspicion that I was dreaming but I decided no, this was far too real and normal to be a dream. All the same, and feeling somewhat foolish, I asked someone in the house whether this was a dream and explained why I was asking. I received no reply and shortly after woke up to my usual ALS-ridden body.

Hi John,......you brought up dreams which I have been having a lot of lately. Last week the dream was so real that when I woke I thought I really could. This was in the middle of the night. I managed to swing my legs over the side of the bed and was ready to walk into the bathroom. Thank God my husband woke at the same time and stopped me. I usually dream I am playing with my grandies and chasing them around the yard. Wish it were true. Happy dreams. Sharon

dreams

Thats the best part good dreams. Good dreams mean you are
sleeping well to. If only we would no we have good dreams
when we pass. Wouldnt that be great.

Davis 07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back