Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
CA
State
Quebec
City
Tiny town w/no stoplight!
We've both been on Celexa for over a week - no side effects for Ron but I've been getting mild nausea; yesterday was worse, and this morning I feel very jittery. I don't know if it's the Celexa or not - anyone have side effects like this on anti-depressants?

I feel great on mine. what is your dosage? perhaps call your doc and see about dropping it down for a while so you can get use to it. When I take 20 mg I get excitable--but 10 mg is just right for me. try taking your pill with some food, and at night before you go to sleep.

The Lexapo wrecked havoc with my stomach for weeks, but it seems to be settling down now. The benefits definately outweigh the side effects I've experienced!

It's just 10 mg - I didn't take one yesterday and had a slight upset stomach but it cleared up later on as I went out on my weekly shopping expedition as Ron had his son and his best friend stay with him. Then when it was time to come home, the nausea came back abit. Then it was on and off during the evening. This morning I got up with no nausea and when Ron kept calling me back up to adjust him, like he usually does a few times during the night and after I get up, I started feeling nauseous again. I'm thinking that the stress is starting to bother me...

>I'm thinking that the stress is starting to bother me...

you might look into an anti-anxiety with your dr ....

Heather,
You wild woman! I think you are just pregnant. lol

Heather, please get straight back to your doctor and work this out. It's not good to miss doses of antidepressants, and you don't want to take it here and there as you try to work it out for yourself.

The nausea could be a combination of adjusting to the meds and stress, or something else entirely. I think CALS need to look after themselves even more than usual, as your PALS needs you to be healthy and capable. It's not easy to do, we always have so many important needs for our PALS to put first.

Ditto what Tillie says. I would check with the doctor first before I stopped taking it completely. He needs to no what side affects you are experiencing. I had a very rare side affect to a drug called Abilify. It caused me to have something called tardive dykenesia (sp?). It caused my muscles to stiffen, mouth to droop, and other things. I looked like I had a stroke. But, other people have had no problems with it.

Thanks guys <3 Well, the nausea is almost gone - just reared its ugly head now and then when Ron's being a little over-demanding ;-)

Heather it sounds like it has settled down for you but as I read your symptoms I was sympathizing with you. My neuro put me on Celexa and I toughed it out for a month before giving up. There were no benefits from it and I had nausea day in and day out. I've been on Wellbutrin for a while now and the difference is like night and day. She hit a home run with this one. I guess we all need to find our match and I hope that things continue to go well for you.

Heather it sounds like it has settled down for you but as I read your symptoms I was sympathizing with you. My neuro put me on Celexa and I toughed it out for a month before giving up. There were no benefits from it and I had nausea day in and day out. I've been on Wellbutrin for a while now and the difference is like night and day. She hit a home run with this one. I guess we all need to find our match and I hope that things continue to go well for you.

Comoguy, I stopped taking it and I'm not on anything at all, and the nausea has stopped. I find that after perhaps getting used to the horrid idea that my husband has ALS and just settling in to our new, ever-changing lives, that I really don't need an anti-depressant.

By-the-way, I see you are in St. Anne de Bellevue! We live in St. Anicet, just about 30 minutes west of Valleyfield.

Small world! Does Ron go to Dr. Genge at the Neuro? She knows her stuff!

That's great that you don't need Celexa any longer.. I wouldn't have thought I'd need anything either but this diagnosis process that goes on and on and on has taken a bigger toll on me and my wife than I imagined. The Wellbutrin has helped.

Stay warm!

Are you sure it's the celexa causing your nausea? 10 mg is the lowest dose. I've taken 40 mg celexa for years without side effects. Works for me like a charm!
-Charlene

Hey Tillie: If I lived near you Id hire you to show other CALS (like mine) how to handle things without bgoing over the edge. Too bad Id have to go through the center of the earth to reach you.
Come to think of it thats not a bad idea-no ALS after that journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back