Old 01-17-2015, 05:10 AM #1 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Nuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant future
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Nuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant futureNuts has a brilliant future
Default Traveling with equipment

We are hoping to do some traveling this year, and have questions for those who've made roadtrips. We have the wheelchair van, but in order to leave space for hubby to get in and out, there's not a lot of space for packing--especially large things. I suspect we will need to take a portable lift and a shower chair before long. All I can think to do is to load him up, then put the equipment in behind him, but then he's stuck in the van until we stop and unpack. We can do that, but does anyone have good suggestions for packing that I might not have thought of? Also, the shower chair the VA gave us is huge. What do you travel with? The transfer benches in hotels are too short now and fold down benches mean walking out over a wet floor--dangerous stuff.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:15 AM #2 (permalink)

City: Barrie
State: ON
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Vincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to behold
City: Barrie
State: ON
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Vincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Traveling with equipment

If you have a van, get a roof bag to put suit cases and small stuff in it. It involves some climbing but works wonders.
Vincent
Old 01-17-2015, 04:30 PM #3 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Pit of hot
State: FL
gooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to behold
Extremely Helpful Member
City: Pit of hot
State: FL
gooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to behold

Nuts, my husband just hit me with wanting to do a last big trip this summer involving flying , renting handicap vans, figuring out what to take and what I can manage. I will absolutely figure it out but it is going to involve some creativity. I feel your packing pain
I am going to start looking for foldable/disposable items to use when traveling. Cheerleader will have some ideas I bet!
Old 01-17-2015, 06:42 PM #4 (permalink)

City: Northern
State: NJ
starente15 has a spectacular aura aboutstarente15 has a spectacular aura about
City: Northern
State: NJ
starente15 has a spectacular aura aboutstarente15 has a spectacular aura about

If u have tow hitch you could put A small cargo trailer behind you and tie things down.
Closed Thread

Tags
equipment, lift, questions, shower, shower chair, transfer, van, wheelchair, wheelchair van