Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Pedro
I was just at fvc of low 70's in dec. I know I can't be dying yet.

Just smoked a cigarrette after a week long break and within about a minute after finishing, my breathing felt weaker and weaker until I felt like I was choking to death. I panicked and then I sat with this feeling for about 10 minutes before it dawned on me that it was the cigarette.

The choking/wind knocked out of me feeling passed within a good 20 mins or so. Anyone encounter this before?

I knew my breathing was going down since dec but I had no idea what difference a week could have made. I was smoking a pack a day last week.

Still stuck in 'probable' not going to act like i'm a PALS just yet.

CP

CP, you can act like anything you like, but as I think you know, you're not helping your weakening lungs by lighting up at all. If you're truly addicted, which, if you can go a week, you don't seem to be, you might try e-cigs.

CP, you can act like anything you like, but as I think you know, you're not helping your weakening lungs by lighting up at all. If you're truly addicted, which, if you can go a week, you don't seem to be, you might try e-cigs.

Seriously!

When I was a teen, my FVC hit the point you are at due to acid-induced asthma. To keep it under control, one of the things I had to do was start getting driven to school to avoid the cigarette smoke at the bus stop. Smoking yourself while struggling with your FVC is certifiably stupid!

You can do what you want, but you can't complain about your breathing with a cigarette in one hand and the keyboard in another. There are other forms of nicotine.

Especially in your case, not being diagnosed currently with ALS, possibly curable and capable of living a full life - don't be stupid!

Seriously!

When I was a teen, my FVC hit the point you are at due to acid-induced asthma. To keep it under control, one of the things I had to do was start getting driven to school to avoid the cigarette smoke at the bus stop. Smoking yourself while struggling with your FVC is certifiably stupid!

You can do what you want, but you can't complain about your breathing with a cigarette in one hand and the keyboard in another. There are other forms of nicotine.

Especially in your case, not being diagnosed currently with ALS, possibly curable and capable of living a full life - don't be stupid!

To quote Max, ditto all of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back