Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
az
City
tucson
Is it just me or are cramps just not that big a deal anymore? I cramp so often that I find myself experimenting to see how long I can keep one going. When my legs don't seem to want to settle down and allow me to sleep, I stretch out my toes and get the calves and lower quads cramping and after a few minutes, no more restless legs.

My wife just read this and said I'm sick (a masochist is what she actually said :)) but hey, you have to get your giggles somewhere, right?

My cramps have lessened in intensity but I put that down to having less muscle left to cramp.

Sure you're getting enough magnesium? Mine stopped with mag supplement. There is LEG CRAMPS pill OTC in our local grocery.

i still have been getting them in my legs.

I hate to say this, but the best thing I've discovered for the cramps and spasticity is a little bit of med marijuana before bed.

I hate to say this, but the best thing I've discovered for the cramps and spasticity is a little bit of med marijuana before bed.

I did not know you are "stoner"....I think that is very cool!:)

Attachments

• Smiley_BU_Sign_A_Beautiful_Thing.gif
    Smiley_BU_Sign_A_Beautiful_Thing.gif
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,092
azgirl: use it daily, before bed. Haven't noticed any decrease in cramps, but I care a whole lot less :)

It puts me to sleep after about an hour and I get 4-7 hours after without waking up cramping. Other nights the cramps can come on hourly. Maybe I'm just sleeping through them now?

Hey Mark, looks like I'm in good stoner company!

I can ignore most of them, but the cramps in my tongue always get my full attention!

Jeff: haven't had the pleasure yet.

For me it's cramps in the throat ��

Cramps are a frequent thing for me but are less severe. Like GregK, I suspect the muscles aren't as strong. Feet and calf cramps nightly get me up. Less often I get a cramp in the vastus medialis, they are bring you to tears kinda painful. With any kind of yard work I end up with hand cramps. Now I'm getting neck muscle cramps as well as back and rib muscle cramps. Quinine in tonic water helps keep them at tolerable level.

BK

I get cramps in my hand and legs, calf's mostly. I find they come on if I'm late taking my Baclofen. Maybe you ask your Doc to try a small dose of Baclofen, just be careful the first couple times you take it may trash you.

Mike

Muscle spasms and cramps were among my first symptoms. I get plenty of magnesium and stay hydrated. My solution is 8 mg of the tizanidine at night. Add that to the 75 mg of amitriptyline and the 1 mg of Klonopin and I get 8 to 9 hours of sleep a night.

I'm not clear on what you wrote, Lindley. Did the magnesium help you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back