10/2017
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Northern
My dad did really well today, got out to the store and just used the bipap for
an hour after lunch. Around 7pm I noticed him breathing harder and suggested going back on. He pretty much ran. Stayed on for 25 mins and he's still not breathing right now that he's sitting again. Anyone else get worse at night?

Is he having trouble in the evenings as a pattern or just this happened to be in the evening after a day of exertion? (yes going out to the store will be an exertion for him by what you've been telling us of his breathing lately)

I can only say again that it sounds to me, who hasn't seen him, that he needs bipap on more often than off. I would say that instead of him putting bipap on for 15 - 30 minutes at a time, he needs to only take it off for 15 - 30 minutes at a time.

I know how it feels, my husband constantly made bad decisions on his own health and I chose to let him have that control rather than us spend our last months together arguing or him resenting me taking control. Would he have lived longer had I made different decisions? Maybe not, I will never know.

You can only suggest to him that the breathing is what will take him out. It's not like an arm or leg failing and he overuses it and causes it to fail faster. Such a hard place to be in watching this :(

When my husband gets tired, he struggles more with everything. Breathing, shuffling around, etc. We use his peg then to eat, the sip and puff a lot more, and I play waitress. Sometimes I am helping him to the restroom which is 3 steps away. Fatigue for any reason can cause big changes day to day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back