Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Northern
We finally got it along with the nebulizer. Yes, I am that person who will hound people through a holiday, call and email multiple times and get someone to deliver at 7pm on a Friday night.

For anyone who's using or has used it, does it take awhile to notice any effect?

TIA!

If it is albuteerol, i noticed immediate reactions -- shakyands, hr ~150 :-(

After about an hour he said he did feel like he could get more air but his breathing rate didn't change. I didn't expect it to so I was happy to hear he felt some difference for what it's worth.

I am so stressed. I've tried to busy myself with checking off lists and getting things done but each night I just think about the struggle I'm watching and it's killing me inside.

Just remember that ALS is not a lung disease. The disease takes the persons ability to ventilate themselves. Mom's lungs work perfectly, she just cannot draw air into them effectively. His lungs could be clearing, but the disease has affected the muscles that control ventilation. Have you tried to contact a palliative care agency? Most will work with his primary doc to give comfort and recommend meds.

Last edited:
Hopefully palliative care will come in the next two weeks.

Worked quickly for me, I was already on alberterol when I started budesonide. Now I'm on a third call performist.

Janie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back