Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Austin
Since getting out of the hospital with divirticulitis I have been mostly tube feeding and have noticed that I have much gas and typically go 5-6 times a day instead of the 1X I used to do. Can this be due to the Jevity?

Neil, here's what I noticed. My bm's are softer and that was about the only change. It's possible that your going more often because of the increased fiber your getting. One doc told me that the majority of people don't get enough fiber from their food so getting the proper amount from the jevity might be the reason your going more, especially if your also taking a fiber supplement. As to the extra gas, my guess is your getting a lot of air in your stomach from the feedings and flashings. I try to watch that myself for the same reason. If I manage to reduce the air going in I have less trouble with it

My Boost+ has zero fiber and the nutritionist warned me about constipation. Each Boost has 25% daily magnesium for a total of 150% per day. That keeps the bowels loose. I go one or several times a day.

Mom uses Pulmocare for her tube feeds, and yes, her habits have changed for the worse. Frequent and lots...

My husband was constipated on the tube until he started his clear water flushes mixed with Benefiber. He takes in 6 bottles of Walmart brand "nutrition plus" shakes. Now he goes very regularly, no problems, and weight is still up.��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back