Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
UT
City
taylorsville
I think the baclofen may be a good thing for me. My doc was hesitant to put me on it, because of the side effects. She based the hesitation on the fact that I am still driving, and pushing my self to exercise and be active.
I am on 5mg three times a day, to be increased to 10mg after a few weeks. My spasticity, shaking and tremors are a bit better, it is helping a little with the hyper reflexes as well.
Could be the best thing I have taken since my diagnosis 11 months ago.
I am thinking that perhaps I could cut one of the antidepressants in my regimen. The baclofen seems to have a side effect of tranquility as well.
My balance is still bad, but I am not as bouncy when I walk, which in turn makes me a little more stable on my feet.
If anyone wants to chime in on adjusting to baclofen or side effects it would be interesting to me.

I'm taking 10mg at bedtime. I haven't noticed any real side effects, except a little nausea, which may be due to the rilutek

I'm taking 10mg at bedtime. I haven't noticed any real side effects, except a little nausea, which may be due to the rilutek

Thanks for your input....am wondering why you take it at night in one dose, when you could scatter a smaller dose 3 times a day?

When I first started taking it, I had really bad nausea. Was still sick in the morning from the day before. Lasted about two weeks then went away. That was the only side effect I noticed

Fortunately, it has been a miracle drug for me, no side effects. I've just been up'd to 30mgs three times a day. The cramps, Charlie horses and stiffness started creeping through 20mgs three times a day. Guess the pump may be next. But... I did struggle through common side effects when I first started taking it.

Edit: realized I was full of crap and deleted.

Edited. TMI. Need to know only info. GregK, hope you didn't take my post wrong.

My Dr has me taking at bedtime also. Then increase to noon and bedtime. Then 3 times a day up to 20mg.

I took it for two weeks, and couldn't tolerate it. I wish I could. Better than waking in the middle of the night and spending an hour stretching them out.
Marty

Thanks for your input....am wondering why you take it at night in one dose, when you could scatter a smaller dose 3 times a day?

Started just at night because that's when most of my muscle cramps/spasms were occuring. But I've been getting some during the day now - esp. in my calfs. Going to clinic this week & will ask about a change.

Also taking gabapentin for some nerve pain, but its not really working & will talk to them about that too. I feel like someone is stabbing a hot poker in my thighs and its getting pretty unbearable & waking me up at night.

I take it at night as well. It knocks me on my butt! Guess that's why my doc didn't give it during the day! I literally slept through a fire alarm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back