Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
My sister finally got one and is having an issue with getting arms caught under her when it turns her as far as she wants. It seems like using supports under arms is answer but they are struggling. Anyone who has experience please chime in? Specific solutions much appreciated. Happy TG all!

i see these beds with me i would have a straightjacket on. there is no way i cold keep my arms up all the time even if i could hold them up. maybe a pillow on both sides to hold the arms up a little.

Paulette uses one Nikki, but she doesn't seem to come here much lately, so it may be worth sending her a PM in case she gets email notification?

Sorry I haven't been on much, just so busy. Initially I put wedges under each shoulder and his hands up on a fairly flat butterfly shaped pillow on his abdomen like he was holding a book with his palms down. That worked fairly well except that he began to get a heat rash so I took away the abdominal pillow and put one hand over the other using a soft scarf to rap them to keep them there. He no longer needs the wedges under his shoulders and prefers his hands by his sides so I use a towel folded to bolster his hands so that they are held away from his body a bit with his palms facing his body and he seems to like that. One of the companies owners is coming to check the bed out tomorrow and make sure all is well, soI will bring this question up with him.
Paulette

Thank you Paulette! Having a hard time envisioning how it worked with butterfly pillow id the butterfly horizontal? Is he able to grasp somewhere? Or are they resting on top? Sorry think I am still in a TG semi coma. And thank you for asking your rep.

If Tim would allow maybe you can get a photo or 2 over to Nikki here or by email?

Whenever the OT would come here and work with some new equipment, or work out a new positioning to help Chris or whatever I would take photos to help me remember exactly what we had done ... a picture does of course paint that thousand words ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back