Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Northern
My dad just asked me to call his doctor to tell them a "button" fell off his tube. Does anyone know what this is? He said there were two.

The only thing I can think of is the caps on the end of the tube. Keeps things out till your ready to use

Thanks! Not sure how they could fall off but I have t seen it either.

The first time my tube was inserted, they installed two buttons into my skin with cord anchoring the tube in place. Two weeks later, my pcp didn't know what they were, and cut them off. The tube soon came out. Then it was ER time, as the hole will soon close up.

Be sure to keep track of how much tube is exposed. You don't want it pulling out.

The first time my tube was inserted, they installed two buttons into my skin with cord anchoring the tube in place. Two weeks later, my pcp didn't know what they were, and cut them off. The tube soon came out. Then it was ER time, as the hole will soon close up.

Be sure to keep track of how much tube is exposed. You don't want it pulling out.

graybeard there's a strange echo on the line ...

;)

GB has a bad stutter

The clinic doctor recommended he see his PCP. Hope they don't cut anything off!

My husband had a regular peg not a button the first time. It had about a 7" tube outside his body. There were 3 silver buttons sewn into his skin. Ultimately, interventional radiology nurse told us they fall out when the stitches dissolve a few weeks after surgery.

That's what mine were supposed to do, too. I still have the outside tube model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back