Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Kentucky
City
Lexington
My father has been fighting this awful disease since 2009. The question I have is about his nose running so much it is filling his trac up. So he is spending more time cleaning it out then anything. We have tried the pills for decongestion and the nasal sprays. Nothing seems to work. His nose pours 24 hours a day. Even with me suctioning him it clears up then ten mins later its full. If anyone has any info please let me know

Depends upon the reason the nose is running. Could be allergies. Call your doctor.

Please, do NOT over-dose on decongestants, especially Afrin, without your doctor's permission.

We have been to doctor ten times and its the same thing take theses pills or spray that works for two days then right back to it

Does your dad also have a dementia component? My mom did and we had the same problem. They said it was part of it Never found a good solution. They prescribed atrovent nasal spray which supposedly sometimes works but because of her dementia she was not able to let us give the spray. If your dad has not tried it might be worth asking. It is a different drug class than the steroid sprays so even if you have tried those it might be worth a shot

He's all there. Mind is very sharp. Still trys to get around as much as he can. We understand that his dieses is a big part of the runny nose and congestion we was just looking for any relief. I'll look up that antrovent apray . Thank you

you might try a scopolomine patch-attaches to to your skin right behind the ear and works for 3 days. Dries up secretions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back