Friend was DX
Country
US
State
Texas
City
n/a
Good afternoon,

A friend of mine who has ALS has a support group meeting coming up and it is the last one before Christmas (they do a Christmas theme). I wanted to make some ornaments up for her and the other pals and thought maybe something in the shape of a puzzle piece, with "Hope" and "Love" stamped on them - kind of along the lines that no matter what this nasty disease takes away from you, and even if you feel like you are unable to do anything anymore, you are still a piece, a part of the family/group/us, etc. always, and that will never change.

Was just curious on your thoughts on this? Is it too cheesy?

Thanks in advance!

I might focus more on the love theme rather than the hope theme.

That would make me cry! ANYTHING a friend does to show they care is so appreciated! Nothing is more important to a CALS or pals than knowing friends care! Hooray for you and friendship!

Mike, our minister visited a few weeks ago and asked if she could say a prayer at the end of the visit. I was nervous that she would pray for healing or miracles - but this wise lady prayed for "courage" to face what was ahead! Thought it was perfect! You are right - hope is a bit illusive with this disease - unless it's the hope that we get through each day with grace and courage!

I think it is lovely that you are going to do this. I would be fine with the hope part I do not have a lot of hope for a cure in my lifetime but there are many things I hope for. Courage Strength, grace to get through this with dignity peace for my loved ones so many things
I am somewhat curious how other PALS feel about this as so far CALS have commented

You might search for als themed jewelry tshirts etc to get more inspiration if you need it
Your friend is very lucky to have you

Thanks for the replies so far! I like the Courage, Strength, etc. idea and understand using it in place of the Hope. I'll have to see if I can fit one of those on :)

Ashley

> I wanted to make some ornaments up for her and the other pals and thought maybe something in the shape of a puzzle piece, with "Hope" and "Love" stamped on them

ALS sucks, but It Is What It Is ... and someone else has it worse so I'll try not to complain today!

I love the idea...I am going to pass on to my CALS...I like hope, hope for a cure through our lives, trials, experiences - but I do see how it could cause issues...maybe you could post a couple of photos so we could plagiarize, hehe...your heart is awesome, thank you for brightening my day this early Sunday

I love the courage, strength, love theme! You might want to think about a couple different ideas. We all have to have hope for a brighter day and it would be nice to think about that for the future. But our present lives are filled with courage, strength, and love.

Well done, they are a lovely idea.
Love gem

I think a ornament is a absolutely wonderful idea. I'm sure anything you come up with will be perfect.

They look great!

Thanks so much everyone! I was able to get them finished and everyone seemed to like them - I was even asked if I could do an order for some more for one person :)

Sending courage, strength, and love everyone's way today and always

very creative. love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back