Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
Aus
State
Western Australia
City
Bridgetown
Last night I started the task of moving some rooms around to make it easier for BJ to be more central in the house and easier to maneuver his new walker, I am moving his office into our dining area, the dining is going into the family room and his office will now become a quiet space with the couches in this room. The place looks a mess as I have furniture and office equipment every where. I am waiting on some help to get the very large office desk out a sliding door to the outside and then bring it back thru another sliding door. I also have visitors arriving in about 3 hours, oh well I guess it will be one of many times in the future when the place won't be tidy, as BJs care will be far more important than a tidy home.
Love Gem

BJs care will be far more important than a tidy home.

You're absolutely right.

We moved Krissy's hospital bed into the TV/living room. The patient lift and other large items greeting guests when they came into the house.

I fact, I had whacked out a wall, roughly, so guests using our bathroom didn't have a door, only a curtain.

Mike

>I am moving his office into our dining area

we did the same

i guess we was lucky at this point. we have big rooms and doors. this made it easy for me to get around in my wheelchair. jane have been moving things around. thinking im going to hit them. i keep telling her i have lots of room but she goes on.

Gem,
Until we moved last weekend all of Grumpy's things, including his hospital bed, took up residence in our living room. People will get over it. I hope you get everything arranged so it works for you. It seems like every time I have a place for everything we get something new!
Hugs,
~ Kaye

We didn't just move rooms, we moved from a house to a condo. Everything on one floor, and an excellent opportunity to do a purge. No heavy equipment yet but it's good to stay a step ahead I guess.
Vincent

All done, what was the study is now a very poky conversation room with lots of sorting out to do but the rest of the rooms have worked out well.
im hoping that this will do us until we move next year into a purpose built wheel chair friendly home.
have a lovely day everyone.
love Gem

With this disease, we have to change our vision of " house beautiful"! Now the wheelchair in the living room becomes a major focal point, and the neck roll, Kleenex box,pill containers, etc. become decorative accessories! Sounds like you all are doing a great job of keeping up with adaptations needed as things progress!

good job Gem! ya just gotta grab the bull by the horns!

Gem I had Chris totally set up in our lounge room and it was the best thing I did in all the strategies. Glad you got it sorted, it's probably a good opportunity to start culling everything if you plan to move again ;)

I will slowly start with books, we have 2 sets of large encyclopedias which take up a lot of room, one from my parents and one set we won in a competition. With so much information on the net we don't really need them unless you want to enjoy the feeling of paper on your fingers.then I guess we will go thru all our magazines . Little steps.
Love Gem

culling and spring cleaning feels so good! I recently cleaned out the attic and my gosh I had so much room when I was done!

ahhhhh Barbie, avatar changed ... love it!

books are the hardest for me, I just love books so hate culling them. I can be ruthless with pretty much everything else.

I will find culling my excess craft items the most difficult.
Love Gem

It'll be all my tools for me. Both the ones I used in my profession and my hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back