Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Surf City
Note attached to flu shot promotion said flu causes 40,000 people to die every year - the sixth leading cause of death in the US.

30,000 people in the US die of ALS every year. Where does that rank us?

Last time wifey and I had flu shots about ten years ago, we both got sick. Considering the circumstances, I'm now considering it. What about you?

>Considering the circumstances, I'm now considering it. What about you?

our ALS pulmo rabidly pushes for the flu shot and both pneumonia shots. I go with the shots.

Rong Beach VA primary care today said there's only one pneumonia shot.

>Rong Beach VA primary care today said there's only one pneumonia shot.

there are definitely at least two. the common one at our HP clinic (Walgreen's I think) and a new one that our ALS pulmo told me to get asap. I'll get the name when Sandy is back.

Clinic we attend said yes to the flu shot and personal choice to pneumonia shot. Although they recommend you check with pulmo for pneumo shot

My Dr. recommends the shots, so I trust him.

Get both. The flu could have a very bad respetory effect on the lungs

I got my only flu shot years ago and got sick as heck, breathing is my main issue, I'm considering it. Got the pnemo last year, I heard it lasts for a few years.

Janie

>Got the pnemo last year, I heard it lasts for a few years.

twice for me since Aug :-(

My pcp at the va said the pneumonia shot is good for 5 years.

Just got our shots today. Asked about the pneumonia shot- it lasts 5 years!

Max you probably had one of each type?

Got my shots as well. Trying to talk my wife into getting it. I have been getting the flu shot for 5 yrs with no problem, pneumonia last in Jan of this yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back