Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Surf City
Ad on tv reminded me to alert everybody: if you're over 55 and have had chickenpox, get the shingles vaccination NOW. An Old Bold Pilot friend said he's bailed out of burning airplanes, and crash landed, and had major surgery, but nothing hurt like the Shingles. Wifey and I had our shots a few years ago. Our insurance didn't pay for it, but it was worth the peace of mind.

I can't imagine what Shingles would be on top of ALS. I haven't heard of ill effects from the shot.

GB, you know better. There are no Old Bold Pilots!

been there, done that 2 months ago, they hurt like hell, especially in the arm pit....shot time

Old Bold Pilots and friends meet for breakfast at Denny's every Tues. morning. Sid, the guy mentioned above, flew F-80s in ground attack in Korea, KC-135, and a bunch of other planes for 20 years in USAF. He retired a VP at Northrop. He had surgery for pancreatic cancer a dozen years ago, and both he and I feared that was what I had. He is one of the few survivors of pancreatic, but now cancer is coming back, in spite of his $11K/mo pill.

Lloyd, another of the Old Bold, was marched across North Korea at night by his ChiCom captors, and they holed up in farmhouses during the day. One morning Lloyd saw an F-80 shoot a rocket right at him. He was knocked out, but was pulled from the rubble unhurt. Sid may have been the one to hit him, but in typical fighter pilot braggadocio, Sid said, "I wouldn't have missed."

Lloyd's book, "Korea, One POW's Story" is on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back