Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
CO
City
Colorado Springs
The Colorado based REALM of Caring folks who developed the Charlotte's Web mmj product have announced that they are starting up a new grow operation for CBD-rich hemp.

Why do you care? When classifed as a hemp product these items can be shipped via USPS and do NOT require a medical marijuana card.

Here is a blurb from the REALM announcement:

Charlotte’s Web Hemp Oil™: This oil is the same as the CBD oils offered through the Colorado and California medical marijuana programs. Cannabis plants sufficiently low in THC (<0.3%), such as the varieties that are used in Charlotte’s Web Products™, are called hemp. Under this designation, the Stanley brothers are able to grow much larger quantities of CBD plants for Charlotte’s Web™, which in turn allows us to offer our services to more individuals. As a hemp product, it is not medical marijuana and is not even considered a medicine. It will fall under the “foodstuffs” category and will be considered a dietary supplement, which allows for shipment outside Colorado. Still, it will be the same quality oil patients in Colorado and California are using.

Legal Notes: Hemp products inhabit a legally ambiguous area in the United States. Technically, hemp contains a small amount of THC and is considered by some to be illegal federally. Yet, stores across the country sell a variety of goods produced from hemp. In fact, the United States is the largest importer of hemp products in the world. Charlotte’s Web Hemp Oil™ currently exists in the same ambiguous legal stasis as these other products. It seems likely the U.S. government will overlook our product in the same way it does other hemp products. To err on the side of caution and, more importantly, to continue valuable research efforts, we are establishing processes to further protect Charlotte’s Web™ users There will be mandatory enrollment into a research registry (described more below) if you want it shipped, and we will continue our legalization and education efforts in Washington, D.C., most notably with the Charlotte's Web Medical Hemp Act of 2014, H.R. 5226. For shipping it is not required that you have recommendation from your doctor. However, we do recommend enrolling in your state’s MMJ program, if available, to provide your family more protection.​

Their website does not yet have much on this but it does have an Inquiries button.

If and when I learn more I'll share. At this point, this is all I know.

Interesting. CBD is I believe thought by some to be neuroprotective

Great news!

I rub Hemjoba pain relief lotion on the back of my neck a few times a day. It calms the early morning jitters and relieves neck muscle pain. They say it is legal in all 50 states. Buyhempjoba.

I can't tell if I benefit from the hemp oil I put under the tongue.

GB

Regarding CBD's neuroprotective properties, see attached.

Attachments

• Cannabinoids vs. Disease Matrix.pdf
    39.8 KB · Views: 428
  • Cannabidiol as a potential anti-seizure medication.pdf
    245.8 KB · Views: 407
I seem to be unable to download the pdf's but this sounds interesting.

I provided the wrong link, above: buyhemjoba.com .

On Bloomberg tv this morning was about an outfit in Israel that takes out the THC and sells it for pain relief. They hope to have an inhaler to sell in the US without prescription next year.

GB

In'Shahallah

Hello all, first time posting. This is some interesting news, as I have been following the CBD information flow pretty closely. I had no idea about the inhaler, which would be amazing, as it would be fast acting. Definitely could of used it today, as I had 3 really bad seizures this morning. I have tried CBD oil myself and it works amazingly imho, as I was able to go a month and a half without seizures why I was on it. But, atm it is just so expensive, that we cannot afford it all the time. We are looking to temp. move me to MI if Ohio does not pass this year for Legalization of Medicinal Marijuana. Simply so I can get my card and buy it for way less then $500 a bottle that you see online for Hemp CBD.
If anyone has any other suggestions I am definitely "all ears" as they say. Thanks everyone.

Welcome to Heartbreak Hotel, DC.

I pay about $150 for a little blue bottle with eyedropper in the cap. Keep it refrigerated. It has no label, so I'm not sure what I'm getting other than the odor. Info sheet says it's high in CBD. I've never had seizures, so unsure of its benefit. Can't hurt.

Good news is majority of US is in favor of legalization.

GB

Be careful of inhalers or smoking. Our lungs are or will be challenged enough.

I understand that the oils can simply be ingested although that takes longer for it to act.

Also, from an incident I was privy to, start very cautiously. The first dose you take should be very small. You would not want to start off by 'tripping'.

>I pay about $150 for a little blue bottle with eyedropper in the cap.

.doubt we can get the VA to pay for it :)

I am hoping that Sativex gets thru it's US FDA process, and that the VA can then add it to their list.

I pay about $150 for a little blue bottle with eyedropper in the cap. Keep it refrigerated. It has no label, so I'm not sure what I'm getting other than the odor. Info sheet says it's high in CBD. I've never had seizures, so unsure of its benefit. Can't hurt.

Good news is majority of US is in favor of legalization.

GB

Well, are you getting it directly from a dispensary GB? If so, I would trust that they are selling a valid product, as they have very rigorous testing they do on each product they get in from their growers. But each CBD product is also refined through different methods using other oils to extract the CBD oil from the Stalk and Root system of MMJ and Hemp. The CBD oil I was getting, they used Fish Oil to extract it, which was the cleanest tasting CBD oil I had tried so far. Then an entire Vile(bottle) was put into 30 Caramels for me, so it would be easier to get down and would get into my system much quicker, via the arteries under my tongue. Just like ODT Meds. They called them "Cheeba Chews." Not the same as the Colorado based company with the actual name Cheeba Chews, that uses THC in their product. As these were strictly CBD oil, and no THC.

I suffer from Seizures and it works great, but its also works great for pain management, back spasms, neck spasms, and facial spasms as well. Pretty much, it simply relaxes the muscles and allows your body to naturally calm itself. Which, imho, is amazing for those of us suffering from ALS, because after a long day of using the muscles we can use, we are all extremely tired, and one caramel helped me relax and really helped with the muscle cramps in my hands and right arm as well.

Also, GregK, you cannot get any type of HIGH off CBD oil or anything CBD related. CBD's has nothing to do with the High you get from MMJ. Only THC tri-combs (the crystals you see on MMJ) is what gives you a "buzz". That is why "Charlotte’s Web™" was called Hippie's Disappointment before being renamed.

I hope this info helps a few of you, as I have a vast background with MMJ, and are very good friends with 4 growers up in MI, that grow only for dispensaries, and one of them is the creator of the MMJ strains Deathstar and Skywalker. Yes, we are big Star Wars geeks. But my friend CS worked on these strains specifically to help with his own issues as well, as he suffers from illnesses.

> Also, GregK, you cannot get any type of HIGH off CBD oil or anything CBD related

Mostly true, but only if the product is pure CBD; I don't buy the "CBD related" part tho. Many (probably most) mmj product sold is a combination of THC and CBD along with a lesser amount of the other cannabinoids. The assay, if done, will show the relative ratios.

_That_ is why is recommended caution, and I believe that it is no small disservice on your part to advise otherwise.

The Charlotte's Web folks (REALM) use an ethanol extraction method.

Watch CNN "Weed 2" again. They found that CBD extract without the other components didn't work as well for stopping seizures.

The cannabis plant has 483 compounds, and has been cultivated for ~3,500 years by the Chinese. The ancient Egyptians used it, too.

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back