Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Hi guys. I am taking a new approach to all DIHALS posters.

From now on I will no longer post demeaning, sarcastic, nor generally unhelpful comments.

From now on, when posting, I will only be asking for prayers for those folks.

Hi guys. I am taking a new approach to all DIHALS posters. From now on I will no longer post demeaning, sarcastic, nor generally unhelpful comments. From now on, when posting, I will only be asking for prayers for those folks.

More for me!

I divide DIHALS into 3 groups:
1. a few might have a serious problem and need guidance, usually elsewhere.
2. many have no real problem and need to be moved along with a swift kick.
3. those who think they're ones, but are really two's, need two swift kicks.

Either way, you pray for 'em; I've got other plans. :twisted:

Hi,
I retired from the Military last year due to being diagnosed with ALS. I did have to remind myself what I used to teach my Airmen. I used to say "Life is a shit sandwich, its up to you whether or not you like the taste". I find myself looking to this during the darker hours. I hate onions but won't pass up a good meal due to their presence. The pain, discomfort, boredom and what not gets to all of us but the thought of letting this disease lay the blueprint for my life is BS. I have ALS, ALS doesn't have me. I am surrounded by positivity because that's what I choose to see. Keep positive and remember a believer never walks alone.

I saw this on facebook to today and I loved it.

Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad, and a soul that never loses faith in God.

>Either way, you pray for 'em; I've got other plans.

Ditto that!

.>Hi guys. I am taking a new approach to all DIHALS posters.

Rob I hope this works, but what I see are a lot of folks who have just heard of ALS via IBC, etc., google 'tremors+ALS' and are sent here. most don't read the stickies and those that do don't read what's written.

It really always gets down to the same thing: 1. see your pcp and if recommended, 2. see ALS/MND trained neuro, 3. go away until then -- and go with God if you thinks that will help.

We try to answer medical questions from our practical experience. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. We are really not empowered to suggest medical advice.

DIHALS is good intention-ed but the message needs to be:

response #1:

1. see your pcp and if recommended, 2. see ALS/MND trained neuro, 3. go away until then -- and go with God if you thinks that will help. Note, there is a 'sticky' post at the top of this forum that discusses common self-diagnosis concerns.

response #2:

1. did your pcp recommend seeing an ALS neuro, 2. if so what did he/she say? 3. otherwise come back when you have learned what the professionals tell you, until then please hold off posting on this forum

response #3:

Well -- Several of us have suggested you get medical help for your concerns.

We do empathize with your fears, but there is no more we can help you with at this time.

This note is not to deter you from your investigations, but just not on this forum.

You asked, we answered, so please move on.

Anxiety can be a real problem that can endanger your physical health. Make sure you tell your medical practitioner what you are feeling as well as how you are feeling.

No need to reply. Goodbye and best regards.

ALSForums

Since others have the details covered better than I could or would, I am going to focus on raying for them and lwtting them know they are being prayed for. I pray for all if us daily, but those folks struggling with anxiety. ;)

onya Rob, you are the best :)

You pray, Mike, Max, Skipper and I will kick ;)

It’s nice when religious people express blessings at the end of a post, but religion can very quickly evoke negative emotions and competitive views. I recommend religious people check out the “Religion + Christians Here for Support” sub-forum to pray for others.

I don't want to cause any animosity at all. I sincerely pray that everyone can find peace and that they don't have ALS.

Herc, thanks for the reminder that positivity is a great sidekick in this battle. Like your style, sir!

Rob you are so sweet! I would suggest you go ahead and pray for them, but you don't have to let them know. and Herc, welcome. I love your positive attitude! it is very important! Is Herc short for Hercules?

you guys are better than me, I don't even go into the DIHALS section!

Herc I am going to enjoy having you around, like your outlook. You've been diagnosed quite a while, glad you found us!

Thanks for the positivity. Fact is that I am approaching the 5 year mark and I am determined to outlive this disease if nothing else to tick off the bureaucrats at the VA.

I was C-130 Hercules aircrew. My wheelchair van I got is an older Sprinter, it was white and reminded my kids of my airplane so we named it Herc. I thought that would be an easy to remember moniker.

My Hero!
:):)

Attachments

• Hercules_KHREC.png
    Hercules_KHREC.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 398
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back