Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
SomewhereNice
Can anyone offer suggestions on how to make long distance road trips more comfortable? I am concerned that travelling in a regular car seat will be tough, but we are going to the mountains during snow season and I'm not sure a RV would be possible. My PALS is counting on seeing the snow and doesn't want to fly. I have to make it happen.

If the car has power seats with various functions, ie recline, tilt, lumbar, it will be a lot more comfortable. My brother came up and got me last thanksgiving so I could spend the holiday with family. Had no problems handling the ride since I could lay the seat back and relax. Frequent stops are also good. Try to stop about every hour or so to get out and stretch. The trip to my parents is about 7 hours each way

I don't know exactly where your PALS is with his progression, but bringing along a bunch of pillows might help. It's real nice to be able to prop up the elbows to exactly the right height. If there is atrophy in the shoulders, it can be painful to have the elbows unsupported. Pillows are great because they can be adjusted to the best height.

Hope this helps,
Laurie

and pillows for the feet! we used to travel barefooted with nice soft fluffy pillows.
and a urinal so you don't have to have him walking to the restroom. baby/wet wipes always handy.

>it can be painful to have the elbows unsupported

Ditto that! very painful!

You will need to make frequent stops for sure. I'm not sure how your PALS progression is but maybe have them wear compression stockings so legs don't swell from sitting for a long time and keep legs elevated as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back