Diagnosis
04/2013
Country
US
State
MD
City
LP City
When I was being diagnosed, I pulled out my copy of "On The Beach" and watched it. I recently read the book. The characters, through no fault of their own, are going to die in the near future and nothing is available to help them. The actions and emotions they go through are the same that we experience.

Check it out, the book is better than the movie.

>I pulled out my copy of "On The Beach" and watched it.

thanks, d/l it now ...

this one?

On the Beach
On the Beach
Nevil Shute
NOOK Book $11.99

that is an oldie! is that the story of the submarine that survives a world nuclear war and they can't surface anywhere?

I think they are trying to get to Australia?

I read that in High school a hundred years ago...

Hey Barbie - a hundred years ago? You must be the oldest person on the forum! LOL

She looks much younger in her Superwoman picture! ;)

I think Max has the distinction of by oldest. I think I heard that he was a corporal when Moses was a private

What a sassy group! Thanks for bringing humor to these tough days! You guys are the best!

That's the book Max

Barbie is partially correct, an Australian may know, but don't give away the ending...........

just got the nook book ... will read it tonight before the movie ....

OK I'm heading to find the book, and promise I hate spoilers so my lips are sealed!

edit - oooh the book looks great, I'm an audio book gal as I can listen whilst I drive and work in the garden, I'll be starting it today! found it on audible :)

Hehehe. Ok it only feels like a hundred years. Really, it was just 5

well written in '57 -- i was 5 yo so that is close to 100 in ALS years :)

I will only say that I read it in the 70's

everyone died in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back