Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Austin
I got my PEG tube yesterday and everytime I try to drink-even a few sips, I get terrible gas pains, belch and liquid comes out of my stomach into the PEG tube. Has anyone had this happen and what can be done about it. I am unable to eat or drink, I cant even take my medicines. Put this in the wrong subforum.
I have called ther docs=home health was out-said my stomach may be spasming. I just never heard of anyone with this problem before.
The nurse said I could get drainage into the tube at any time-yech

Good lord Neil, that sounds as bad as what Gooseberry is going through. Awful. I have my first consultation this Thursday so I have no experience to offer, just hope that you get this fixed pronto. Hold in there. Alex

My husband still gets some yucky brown mucousy stuff that drains out. We were told this could always happen and happens more when the belly is full...could be from food, air, etc. You probably have a bunch of gas from not eating yesterday. Try some soft foods like applesauce, puddings, something with substance that is filling but not liquid. He also has fluid that comes up into the tube whenever ...seems to be positional and kinda random. We had a horrible home health experience....I would call your doctor if you are concerned.

From my experience, the liquids coming back up into the tube is normal.

Thanks! By the way do you know what a miv key is? Ive heard that mentioned with regard to peg tubes

Mic and mic key looks to be a brand name or type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back