06/2014
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Austin
If it were more prevalent there would be a cure by now

I was actually just diagnosed and because of the ice bucket challenge I'm constantly asked if I'm sure I heard it right. Yup, heard the whole entire speech about what is going to happen to me! What was fun videos for my kids to watch is now a constant reminder. However, now when they tell their friends, perhaps it will be a true lesson and true awareness.

Welcome to the forum, Slopo.

How old are the kids?

>I was actually just diagnosed

if you haven't, now is a good time to get on youtube, search for 'abc als' and watch all three parts.

I will do that! My kids are 19,16,13,7,5&3.

Sorry for your diagnosis--it is so hard with kids...but many of us here also have kids and I assure you they will be fine, and may become even stronger people because of what your family will face.

Welcome to the forum and you are amongst friends!

I was actually just diagnosed and because of the ice bucket challenge I'm constantly asked if I'm sure I heard it right. Yup, heard the whole entire speech about what is going to happen to me! What was fun videos for my kids to watch is now a constant reminder. However, now when they tell their friends, perhaps it will be a true lesson and true awareness.
Welcome to the forum, Slopo.
I am quite a new member too, and live way outside the USA, quite far from the majority of forum members.
The Ice Bucket challenge has seen phenomenal responses and contributions in my country and I am thanking
my good lord for attending to some of our prayers. Such has raised the awareness of ALS/MND and with the
funds now more available for ALS TDI, hopefully, some positive development towards a possible cure gets on
board.
warmest regards to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back