Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Saint Louis
ALS recently has gained very much attention through social media and the ice bucket challenge. This challenge began through a man named Peter Frates, who was diagnosed with ALS in the spring of 2012. He was a former college baseball player at Boston College. The challenge started when a friend of his decided to dump a bucket of ice water on his own head in dedication to Peter and to raise awareness of ALS and the need for more research funding. This was posted on social media, and just like everything else on social media, began to snowball and spread all over the United States. Peter Frates, about the ice bucket challenge, stated “I want to be the guy who shifts everyone's thinking and shifts where the funds are going. Selfishly, I want to give myself a chance but also give a lot of other people opportunity as well” (2014). This ice bucket challenge has been an enormous movement in a great direction for ALS research, but is far from over. Like most social fads, this challenge may fade away but it is imperative that people realize the importance to keep raising funds and promoting research for this terrible disease that is affecting thousands of Americans daily. KEEP RAISING MONEY FOR ALS!

This is all true.

But I am a bit nonplussed at your decision to post it in a ALS forum (and it being your first and only post) in which the members are more than familiar with the IBC ...?

Sort of akin to selling coal to Newcastle.

>Sort of akin to selling coal to Newcastle.

or bs to a dell/ibm/lenovo server salesman :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back