Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
FL
City
Jacksonville
My mother is in stage 2 with ALS she is unable to walk and requires help. My parents are retired and they have the health cares plans the government offers. Because of the health care plans and all the changes to our government rulings. The Doctor and cars center no longer accepts their health care insurance. The on call nurse stated to try Hospice. They would not take the health plan. My parents live in Jacksonville Florida and have been seeking help and support. My parents are looking to change health plans but the problem you run into is she has ALS and no one wants to accept her precondition. Then if they would so , it want be until January and cost in premium is so high that it is unaffordable for what retirement they receive.
I am not looking for Charity but help in finding a nurse that can come to their home find a on call Doctor that would visit the home when needed. The Doctor they have would come to the home back now backs away because the Health Care Plans.
The Nurse stated they could only come 3 times and then that was the end. Again hospice stated no help. WHAT CAN I do who Can I contact?
Thanks, Bo Carter

Check with your local ALSA and mda reps

No help , nothing but brick walls at local level.

I am sorry, but your post sounds bogus. stage 2 ALS? there are no stages. your parents are retired--and they have government health plans that are being refused? Retirees get Medicare/Medicaid as their primary and they may have a secondary insurance, but none are refused by any of the major ALS clinics--and you are in Jacksonville which has one of the premier clinics in the country. The Mayo Clinic. Hospice refused her? the ALSA gave you a brick wall?

Maybe I am being cynical, but this just doesn't add up to me. please explain yourself.

I am sorry, but your post sounds bogus. stage 2 ALS? there are no stages. your parents are retired--and they have government health plans that are being refused? Retirees get Medicare/Medicaid as their primary and they may have a secondary insurance, but none are refused by any of the major ALS clinics--and you are in Jacksonville which has one of the premier clinics in the country. The Mayo Clinic. Hospice refused her? the ALSA gave you a brick wall?

Maybe I am being cynical, but this just doesn't add up to me. please explain yourself.

I was wondering about that too! Stages? ROFLOMA! Well not really. I can't roll any more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back