Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Austin
I just want all you PALS and CALS to know that you have become in a sense closer to me than my real family (except for my CALS of course).
When you hurt I hurt, and it is unbearable when one of us PALS passes. I suffer when you CALS are going through hard times with your PALS.
I want to thank you all for making my life, such as it is, endurable.

>I want to thank you all for making my life, such as it is, endurable.

Ditto that!

I too am grateful for all of you. ( even when I have to be the " mean mom")
Thank you for being here

It IS an amazing camaraderie. I can't really define it... but I really don't need to. We are at war and we are fighting the battle and the good fight, together. And I do SO appreciate each and every one of you...

Jim

I thoroughly agree...except I'd like to see more west coast liberals (like me) in the group. Alex

All PALS and CALS ( and well behaved others) welcome. I have wondered why we don't have more Californians here as it is an even more populous state than Texas and we seem to have lots of Texans. Get folks at your clinic or support group to join us. The more the merrier right now- though I pray for the day that this family will not need to be here. As we say welcome to the club no one wants to join. One day this club will disband! But as I said SO grateful you are all here!

Neil thanks for this thread.

I needed this today!

I honestly do not know how I would have given Chris a high level of care without the support of my family here.

Even though we suffer together, when one of us hurts, we all hurt, at the same time, there is something about hurting with/for others that relieves a little of our own personal hurt too. I think that this disease can be so isolating, that it feels better to share the hard times with our family here, rather than suffer through alone.

Then we get some riotous laughs too of course. Sometimes for me the laughs are all the funnier because they are from this family who are doing it so tough, and so any laugh is all the more precious.

We are with ya Neil. We are all in this together and we hope this site one day won't be needed, unless it is to support each other as each goes through a cure. In the meantime, there isn't any better place to be!

>We are with ya Neil. We are all in this together and we hope this site one day won't be needed, unless it is to support each other as each goes through a cure. In the meantime, there isn't any better place to be!

Ditto that!

there are so many things I would have struggled through, and possibly not found the other side of, without all of you here.
thank you

I haven't been on this board very long (although I lurked for a bit) and really appreciated the welcomes I received. Reading all your posts & how caring you all are is a huge help. None of us want to be here, of course, but the support ya'll give to one another is amazing.
Dianne

Come on guys, your going to get me crying again. Love you all

On my really tough days, I come here. I read the funny exrchanges between the guys, the great advice from Barbie, Nikki, Tillie, Dalvin, Max, and so many others. You guys are family because you get it. You dont have to explain yourself here, you are just accepted and helped. That is family.

You guys are the best! Support extraordinaire, wisdom and some giggles. Who could ask for more....well....except for a cure. That would be nice. We are in this boat together. We're in different stages of the disease and then there are our wonderful CALS!

We are an exclusive community.

Lynne

I haven't been here for very long but just having someone to ask, someone who knows how scared you are and how worried you are has been a blessing. I have read some of the previous threads and laughed and cried. Thank you all for being so wonderful, so supportive and so honest. I find that our friends no longer look me in the eye and have stopped calling. Our family is afraid and if they do come they stay only a few minutes. When I got off the phone with VA today first thing I did was post a question on the forum, and once again you supported us! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back