12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
Hello friends,
Just found out TV crew is coming to my house to interview me first thing tomorrow morning about living with ALS and my feelings about the Ice Bucket mania. I'm feeling a bit nervous.

What would you say...

Hope I can pull this off without getting too emotional.

I'd tell your story just as is, but I would also try to get in the changes Medicare is making that will make it so much harder to communicate, and that these changes actually cost them as much or more money. This needs to be reported on the news.

That is so great that you are going to be on tv and promote awareness. Just tell it like it is. You are going to do great.

cant wait to see...your going to be great

Fantastic!

Confirms to me yet again that the ice bucket challenges are working - people want to know WTF is ALS?

I can only say - personal stories are what make the most personal impact on people. So tell YOUR story, how it started, what it has meant for you and your family. Sure a few 'facts' are good, but you own your personal story and people will feel that in what you say.

Can't wait to see it

Thank you for speaking for all of us, just tell your story.

Janie

>Hope I can pull this off without getting too emotional.

get emotional! Tell 'em Kay about our monster ... let me know if I can stream a copy ...

Amen, Max! No shame in being emotional! How can your whole life be changed without losing it at times! Janie, you are wise! The story is what will impact people! You will be great Azgirl!
Donna

welllll? how did it go?

This may be too late but the same thing happened with my mom. Below is the link to our interview from the local station here in Sacramento. Maybe this will help. There was a lot of footage that ended up on the cutting room floor about raising awareness and learning about the disease. I guess the journalist wanted to show how it affects the family emotionally more than anything else.

What the ice bucket challenge means to a Folsom woman with ALS

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!
Kellie

>Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

posted to fb ...

The reporter was here for almost2 hours. She seemed very interested in learning about ALS and obviously knew nothing about it. Her goal was to put a "face" on all these challenges and show the impact on a real family. Hope she edits well. It airs next week.

can you send the station info so I can stream it here?

Please DO share with us the end result. Kudos for taking the interview and representing every PALS...

Jim

can't wait to see it :)

well done, 2 hours is a long session!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back