Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
That the Ice Bucket Chalenge has raised more dollars than those dedicated by Congress for ALS research ?

how much did congress earmark? The challenge was over $30 mil yesterday for the ALSA! I wonder how much other groups have gotten. I have been telling people to donate to the guardian angels because they give directly to pals

I like to see the whole congress take the challenge--might improve their poll numbers.

The federal budget, after the sequestration cuts, reduced ALS research funding to $40 million. ALSA has raised that much now. The difference, of course, is that much of ALSA funds goes to patients and families, while all of NIH's funding goes to research.

>I like to see the whole congress take the challenge--might improve their poll numbers.

Fat chance of that Barbie. Most of them could care less. Our two great Texas senators sent letters back blaming the opposition for budget deficits (Cornyn) and on border patrol (Cruz). Too bad they dont give a damn about the people who were born within our borders.

>I like to see the whole congress take the challenge

I wonder how to do a blanket challenge ...

I heard just today that federal funding for ALS was cut last year.
Janie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back