05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
OK I did it!

The television crew came, the newspaper came.
5 of us did the challenge, and another few people there to support.

http://youtu.be/698-Y18H0sg

Oh Tillie, you explained it beautifully in that wonderful accent! Thanks.

Tillie that was beautiful, just perfect

Thanks Tillie, that was great. Enjoyed the whoops and screams too

Good luck, Tillie! This is just the beginning!

Looks like we all enjoyed your Aussie accent. Way to go getting this going and keep momentum and funds rolling in.

Tomorrow morning a challenge that is 2 steps down the line from me is our Federal member (politician)

The other local news tv station are coming to interview me here about MND and then film his challenge.

I'm stoked to think that my challenge has reached 2 TV stations and the newspaper, as well of course as all the social media sharing out. Goes to show that it's all worth doing something, as it could roll out so well now.

One of my sons works for a company that are a reseller/repairer for Caterpillar (the earth moving equipment). They are making their own internal company intranet site for the challenge as he sends it out through them now, and their own donations page for staff.

I'm getting emails from clients, one is sending it out through the health department.

It's the first time since Chris was diagnosed that I have felt I could truly 'do' something about this damned disease. Still not as good as a magic wand, but at least I'm finally fighting back in some way.

Tillie,
Good on you! It is SO nice to SEE you! This thing is really taking off all over the world..

Keep it going girl, we'll take a bite out of this nasty disease!

Lynne

today 5 of my children separately did their challenges, and 2 of my granddaughters joined my son and did one too.

There are many challenges now planned down the line from all this for next week, and I've cried watching every single one of them (more than once lol)

I'm not going to keep posting each video separately here, if you want to follow my challenge, here is the fb link
https://www.facebook.com/IceBucketMNDAustralia

Today we are nearly at $2000 raised :)

Wow! This is wonderful Tillie - my husband, who has ALS, is in awe of what people have done thus far.

Nicely done! I too feel better having something to do that helps w PALS still: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back