Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
BR
State
São Paulo
City
Guarulhos
Hi people. I have been suffering extreme weakness in my neck. I can't hold my head up for more than a few minutes. I am trying soft collar but is very uncomfortable. Do you have any recommendations about the kind of collar that is more comfortable?

Ill need one of these too

Google Shane's neck brace
and also headmaster neck solutions

I think you need a prescription from your doc to get any other type, could be wrong though

Neil, I have a 'head master'. Prescribed by the doc at mcv. Padded frame, part of it sits on your chest, the other part your chin sits on. A strap goes behind your neck to hold it on. Open at the throat so it's not as hot. If you've got a nice beard, you can hide it so no one knows your wearing it.

Thanks everyone. Just ordered Shane's neck brace. I hope I can hold my head up again :)

Is that the cervical collar?

Neil, I'll post a picture later on today. Too early right now to mess with the camera

Don't you cover that collar up with your beard though Dalvin ...

We had a head master collar here, but with his FTD Chris would not use it. I got him to try it once. From what I could see of it and the one use it was a great device.

When my brother was here after his brain aneurism surgery, he had a lot of trouble holding his head up and Chris kept telling me to put the collar on him ...

heres 4 shots, sorry Tillie, I had to do one with it covered.

Attachments

• IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 490
  • IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 527
  • IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 327
yup Dalvin, that.s the one I got from my ALS clinic.

I like it cause it does a good job of supporting my head and still letting air through so I don't get too hot

>yup Dalvin, that.s the one I got from my ALS clinic

same here

great shots Dalvin!

Even the one with the beard over :)

That's the same collar I had here and I was really impressed with how lightweight it was and how little it interferes and lets air through.

Other "non-foam" cervical collars include the Philadelphia and Aspen Vista collars. Neck Solutions carries pretty much the full range. You don't need a script if you pay cash on line, which may well be less than any copay when you pay rack rates through DME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back