Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
US
State
GA
City
Thomasville
I posted this under Stories of Hope as well but wanted to share with you all. An amazing awareness is happening on Facebook! The news is reporting that donations to the ALS foundation are going crazy! The ALS Ice Water Challenge is all over not just Facebook, but the news as well! Just tonight I saw no less than 7 posts, (including my own daughter and husband). This morning Matt Lauer took the challenge on the Today Show, and on Facebook I saw Amy Grant and all the Kennedy's at Martha's Vineyard take part, not to mention challenges sent to Luke Bryan, Brian Williams, and Lady Antebellum. And each challenge aired challenges 6 more, this is just the tip of the iceberg! What a blessing!

Is there something religious involved?

Cool! (No pun intended.)

Jimmy Fallon has been challenged by Justin Timberlake who did it today ANDd donated a large amount saying the !)) dollars if you don't dump ice water on yourself wasn't enough, kudos JT!

I haven't seen anything religious linked to it. It's pretty surreal for me. I still haven't told all of my family about my diagnosis, and here ALS is all over social media and the news. Weird.

It's great but I wonder how many of those people really know what ALS is. Some already did some have learned but for others I suspect it is a foggy " not good" disease. However, getting the term ALS out there is huge and the money raised seems to be phenomenal. I read something from someone who works for one of the organizations that they are not only getting donations now but people are signing up for upcoming walks. One person said 45 new teams signed up over the weekend for one of her walks!

Yesterday my neighbor came over and while her mother filmed her she poured a bucket of ice water over her head. Go figure. Alex

Any kind of awareness can only be good.

President Obama opted out. Donating money instead. Know lots of people doing both but if only doing one money talks!

I just had 3 people do in for me and supporting our local ALS that I didn't even know, go figure...I also just had someone donate $8,000 for my copay for my new wheelchair...totally blessed

I know that Craig Adams of the Pittsburgh Penguins started the challenge here - because his father-in-law died of ALS. Many of the Penguins have done the challenge.

my kids and I are going to do it next weekend. Husband opted out... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back