09/1998
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Kapuskasing
Hi everybody;

i Had posted tHis message on anotHer als web forum but felt tHat i sHould sHare it Here as well ! i am sHaring wHat Has worked for me and Hopefully i can stimulate otHer pals to sHare wHat Has worked for tHem.

i get tHe flu often, since i Have small kids tHat bring Home every bug Home from scHool! tHe following is my regular plan of attack tHat Has worked for me. i Have been successful in preventing tHe use of antibiotics and Hospitalizations. tHis of Has been done witH my doctor. maybe otHers could find a plan of attack of tHeir own witH tHe Help of tHeir doctor?
1-everybody Has been made aware to stay away from my House if tHey Have a cold or flu.
2-i Have masks for tHe people tHat Have to come in briefly, witH a cold or flu.
3- tHe flu sHot and tHe pneunovax sHot as a preventative measure.
4-at first signs tHat i am getting a flu, i start my tamiflu as prescribed. i Have been doing tHis for tHe last 3 years!
5-start taking vitamin c.
6-pusH fluids, wHicH is easier now witH my feeding tube.
7-i Have a nebulizer and i take ventollin witH extra normal saline, 2 to 4 times a day as needed for my astHma. if i am not wHeezy and just feel cHest congestion witH tHick mucous tHen i just use plain saline tHat is specially made for tHe nebulizer.
8-my nose and sinuses always get affected, so i use a nasal decongestant spray as directed.
9-put tHe bipap Humidifier at a HigHer Humidity level
10-Have a room Humidifier wHile off tHe bipap
11-use tHe full face mask instead of tHe nasal bipap mask for tHe nasal congestion
12-use tHe portable suction macHine wHen needed

we all sHould be prepared witH a plan of attack to treat ourselves witH tHe flu or cold, done witH your doctor of course. especially witH all tHe news about tHe bird flu!

regards;

patsy

patricia seguin-tremblay,
kapuskasing ontario, canada
p.a.l.s. (person witH amyotropHic lateral sclerosis)
tougH times never last, tougH people do. -robert scHuller

colds and flu

Patsy,

thank you for sharing. well done, we all need these types of reminders.

chris

i haven't been on the computer for a while because of a cold. i was telling my dad that anyone who has a cold shouldn't see me. i can't cough as well as i used to and i get quite congested during the night! i takes me about 2 hours in the morning to cough everything up. thanks for the idea for the mask patsy! i'm going to buy a bunch!

Cold FX

Apparently this stuff is amazing!

cold fx

http://www.cvtechnologies.com/coldfx/default.aspx
coldfx-large.gif

all natural and made in calgary...(it must be good ;))
(my pt swears by it)

recommended for
adults and children 12 years of age and older.

usage
for professionals and aging individuals seeking to reduce the risk of cold and flu infection
for athletes seeking to minimize down time due to colds and flu
for anyone wishing to reduce the symptoms associated with cold and flu infection
for anyone seeking enhanced immune system function
through 10 years of studies and consumer use cold-fx® has no known disease* or drug interactions#
the chembioprint process excludes any undesired chemicals from ginseng, providing a safe and optimal process to enhance the immune system.

ColdFX

Sorry i forgot to mention that i also take coldfx. great stuff but since it is made from gensing, make sure that your blood pressure is not affected by it !

thank you for reminding me;

patsy

ColdFX

Sorry i forgot to mention that i also take coldfx. great stuff but since it is made from gensing, make sure that your blood pressure is not affected by it !

thank you for reminding me;

patsy

Hi mike and patsy,

i too, also take coldfx. man, wHat great stuff i Have not Had a cold tHis winter or tHe flu. i However, got strep tHroat. i guess it is not tHe same strain of virus. tHis coldfx is like a little miricle tHing, i tHink tHat alot of people are now finding out tHat it is a fabulous remedy. mike, wow, all good tHings must come from calgary, including you! love ya...xox However, some really good tHings come from ontario too, like my Henry ! Ha.. Have a great day all. kiss and Hugs..

carol d.

I'm originally from ottawa...(family is still there)

calgary reeeally started improving the moment i arrived (8 yrs ago)! :)

hehe

carol - how is henry? did you still me to create an avatar (picture) for you?

Mike i don't care how wonderful you tell us calgary is. it is still colder than toronto so i'm staying here. with occasional side trips to florida for february of course. now i just may come there in the summer to visit my cousin but winter : forget it.

Hi mike,

Henry is Holding His own. He is comfortable witH all tHe pain meds He is on and of course He is Happy to be at Home. our goal is to keepHim comfortable and as Happy as possible. He cannot eat solid foods anymore now, so we Have to blend everytHing for Him. He gets His feeding tube at nigHt so He gets His nutrients tHat way. His speecH is getting worse eacH day, altHougH we can still understand Him to some extent. of course, otHer people cannot understand Him at all. all in all, tHe als is taking its toll on Him. He gets awful leg cramps at nigHt, but tHe Hospital bed Helps witH His legs elevated and pillows under His knees. we are all doing tHe best we can under sucH stress.

mike, i would love it if you would make me a nice avatar (pHoto) for me ! tHat would be so great. if you Have time. anyway, a car just smasHed into tHe back fence of our House, 4 teenagers, car is totalled, booze on tHeir breatHs , i Had to call 911. cops are Here now, gotta run. take care. Hope you are doing alrigHt, and Hope you are surviving tHe winter blaHs. Ha...

love, carol

Dear carol,
wow life sure does go on at your house. with everything else thats going on all you needed was your fence to be torn down with teenagers drunk.if only they knew how life is so precious and how some of us just take it for granted. i hope only the fence and the car have been totaled and everybody was ok physically although i wonder if they know just what they've done to screw up their lives.has henry tried the quinnine for the leg cramps or is it too late for this medication? i know it works really well for me and al says he uses it too. i keep wondering wihch goal henry is striving for next ? do you have any iDeas? we sure do have some talented people when it comes to some of the graphics i wish i knew how to do some of these things. it will be interesting to see what they come up with for you. anyway just touching base.
love kim
als about loving someone
ps when did you get your boob job done?lol

... did somebody say boob job? i almost fell asleep for a minute there. carol... does this mean you'l be packing a little more into that bikini? fisher wake up quick!

i'm also sure that those teenagers were probably trying to get into your place to raid your wine stash. glad henry is comfortable and that your are still awake enough to post your thoughts from time to time.

i agree with al... to really apprecite winter you need the bone chilling deep freeze and dampness of an ontario winter... calgary is great, but i can't get used to the radical changes in weather from hour to hour!

happy weekend everybody!

t

Hi guys,

tHats it kim, give tHem some more fuel for tHeir already over active imaginations. actually, booby job looks really great doesn't it? do you tHink i went too big? i can really fill tHings out now eH? as for tHe car accident last nigHt, all tHe kids were okay. air bags deployed and tHey were sHook up a lot. actually, wHen i ran out to tHe back fence, all of His buddies opened up tHeir doors and took off witH tHe booze and wHatever and ran down tHe street, and left tHe driver tHere by Himself. i came back out after calling 911, and He was on His cell pHone to His dad telling Him tHat He just ran off tHe road and tHat tHere was notHing wrong witH tHe car. ! i f you call running into a tree and a steel pole and tHen a wood fence notHing well..... tHere was notHing left of tHe front end of tHe car. sooooo... i started to yell over tHe blaring stereo in His daddys car tHat tHere was no front end left ! man, focus your eyes and look around . anyway, tHey were all not injured mucH, but really knocked around abit. wHat a nigHt. on tHe way Home from work last nigHt, before all of tHis Happened, i went into tHe gas station on tHe corner, and tHen proceeded to turn rigHt onto fincH to come Home and my van just went spastic. i could not control tHe steering wHeel, and it just sHook like crazy, i eventaually pulled over out of tHe traffic, and wHen i looked at tHe van, my tire Had come off of my rim. ! tHe tire was lodged under tHe van ! no wonder i could not drive rigHt. (or left for tHat matter) scared tHe crap rigHt out of me. anyway a quick call to caa and tHey were tHere witHin 15 minutes, put tHe dougHnut on and off Home i went. supposedly Home to a nice Hot batH, and a relaxing evening, but , noooooo..... not for tHis gal. i do not know wHy all tHis crap Happens to us. do any of you ever feel tHat way too? tHe day started off bad as well, wHen i left for work , i made it down tHe first two steps of our deck and tHen Hit some ice, and bam! down i went on my ass.! a nasty bruise on my left knee, arm, and of course tHe rear end. wHat a way to start tHe day, and wHat a way to end tHe day. kim, wHats up witH tim? How is He doing? How are you doing? Have you managed to get tHrougH to Him about your dedication to Him? does He still manage witH wHat He Has been doing? Hope so. Hope you are alrigHt too. i miss ya. anyway, i gotta go get some grub into mr. Henry, so Have a good nigHt all.

love and Hugs to all.......xoxoxo
carol

Carol - my goodness, what a day! i would have wanted to just sit myself down and had a good cry after all that...it's good to hear that everything turned out okay (as far as people being okay)! gotta run for now, melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back