11/2012
Country
US
State
CO
City
Colorado Springs
Being discussed over in ALS TDI here.
Currently being eval'd by ALSUntangled here.
It hit Boston channel 5 here.

It's a commercial product derived from soy beans, a peptide.

It's also expensive at $80 for a bottle of 120, at up to 10 caplets per day.

I also found that lunisin can be found in soy protein products but at a much lower concentration than the capsules...

thanks, Greg!

Any news from ALSntangled about Lunasin? I sent an email from Lunasin's website and got this response

"Yes, it is good for ALS. You can purchase and ship to Brazil. The company does not ship to Brazil.
I have a friend on Cape Cod who is bringing it to her sister in Brazil.

We have a conference call tonight that anyone can call in and listen to. It is about ALS.
The number is 712-432-1212, Pin or Meeting ID is 404 239 955#"

In my opinion, peptides will work for many because they have strong anti-inflammatory properties. If you do get improvements with peptides, it is a good bet that you will see much stronger improvements with a glucocorticoid anti-inflammatory drug like dexamethasone.

Guille

Any news from ALSntangled about Lunasin?
Using the link I supplied in the original post, ALSUntangled has this to say:
"ALSUntangled is currently reviewing Lunasin for ALS. Please contact us if you have any information or have tried it."

--------------------

BTW, looking further into the Soy protein (vs whey) I found that soy has 2-3 times as much Glutamine (and similar) as whey. I am limiting my glutamine as much as possible so this eliminated soy protein from my list. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back