Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
WV
City
Southern
She has gained back 20 pounds, lost all stiffness and pain in shoulders, skin looks 100 times better, and beginning bedsore has healed completely. That being said, she hates it because it is a lonely place.

prayers are with you Gil

Gil so glad things are looking better. Hopefully she will meet some folks there and won't be so lonely.

Debbie

that is a huge improvement physically!

Are you far from the nursing home? Does she have friends that could start visiting her there? I wonder if the actual facility have social programs there internally that she could become part of as a few physical issues are being resolved?

How is her speech? (so sorry I forget the details)

Gil That is good news! Are you near by? maybe you could take her on some day trips out of the home once a week. Also, check and see about groups that visit regularly. they could possibly spend some time with her. Usually nicer homes have lots of social activities, but she may feel nervous about them, or unable to attend because of her illness. talk to the social director about how they can engage her more--whether bringing some activities to her or making sure an aide brings her out of her room. some homes have weekly beauticians who visit also. she might like that. There are also therapy dogs that visit in some areas. you might have to do some calling around.

that is a huge improvement physically!

Are you far from the nursing home? Does she have friends that could start visiting her there? I wonder if the actual facility have social programs there internally that she could become part of as a few physical issues are being resolved?

How is her speech? (so sorry I forget the details)

Tillie

Mom has limited use of one arm and speech is there, but compeletely ununderstandable. She still gets put in her chair once a day and rids around the facility. I visit every other day, but she is still so negative about the whole thing. The facility is mostly short term rehab patients or long-term dementia patients. I did find out that doctors from her MDA clinic 3-hours away make visits once a month to a rural clinic 30 min away from the facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back