Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
Tn
City
Livingston
Hello, I will getting my peg in two weeks. They say no more swimming. I have a problem believing this. Anybody got info on how I can swim after I get the peg?

Hello,

I'm not an expert but I would say you will not be able to swim until your peg fully heals or "matures". This is the key! This is usually a solid 6 months. Once it does, you will be able to swim in my unprofessional opinion. Be careful though where you swim. Ocean is the best because of the salt. Second best would be a swimming pool but make you get a good read on the bacteria count. I would, however, avoid swimming in creeks/lakes. But take your time and let it heal up so there are no leaks. Hope this was of some help but certainly consult with your doctors and keep them in the loop of what you do.

Ask them if you can put Tegaderm over the peg Once it has healed. I would agree with the other poster to state out Of fresh lakes. Good luck

Shoot, that's a good point. Guess my dad can stop working on getting me in the Pond at the farm then. I've had mine for almost two years and it's still draining. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back