Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Margate
I have a permoble PWC.. Looking for a SUV to transport it. Any recommendation. Money is an object. Take care
Patrick

>I have a permoble PWC.. Looking for a SUV to transport it. Any recommendation. Money is an object.

check out for retail ideas, then assume you can beat their best by 20%-25% ... http://www.adaptivedriving.com/Wheelchair-Vans-For-Sale/Texas/Pre-Owned?sortby=price&updown=ASC

this is only lt to give you an idea.

also, post your need on https://www.facebook.com/groups/livingwithalsPALS/ to ask for info.

also check w/ MDA and ALSA.

also, measure from butt to head before even looking. 53" or higher and you are constrained (I am at 53", so a VMI Sienna is about the only option).

Best wishes,

Max

You also look at a ford transit kinda ugly but very high in head room. They run about 25,000 new

You might have a challenge to find an SUV for your PWC.
Converted mini vans are the most common: I have a Honda Odyssey, similar to Max's Sienna.

The problem with an SUV is that the floor often needs to be lowered 10-12" to give adequate floor to ceiling room. Having a vehicle for your PWC that causes your head to get chopped off the first time using it is somewhat less than optimal...

Chopping the floor in most vehicles is not possible...

If you're into pickup trucks, lifts like this or a full conversion like this might be an idea.

A young lady at Mobility Freedom in Orlando delivered three vans to our house to test drive, then she knew exactly all the paperwork to file with the right agencies to minimize the cost. I highly recommend them. They have several locations.

Anyone know of a Canadian company with such great service as this? ⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆

MAX have you got approval from VA for vehicle authorization....that's your starting point...vehicle must be less than three years old and under 36,000 miles

MAX sorry I miss read your ...thought you were looking

MAX ...sorry I miss read your post...thought you were looking..

>MAX have you got approval from VA for vehicle authorization....that's your starting point...vehicle must be less than three years old and under 36,000 miles

Still waiting in VA timel:)

Everyone thanks for the great info. The hardest thing is knowing where to start. You all set me on the right course. Take care
Patrick

MAX...Go on facebook....make contact with Richard Theide, he maybe able to help

>MAX...Go on facebook....make contact with Richard Theide, he maybe able to help

Will do, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back