CALS
Country
US
State
new jersey
City
marlboro
Hi,
My husband uses the Trilogy as non invasive ventilation ( not bipap). It has made a huge difference by helping to increase lung capacity. However, because the volume of air has drastically increased, he is having trouble with the seal on the mask. Air is escaping,:confused: which lessens the effectiveness. Has anyone had a similar experience and found a mask with a good seal?

I use the Resmed Quattro FX with my Trilogy. My favorite max pressure is 25, and tidal volume set to 780.

Have you tried a full face mask? Those seem to seal better...............Most medical suppliers will allow people to try masks and swap them if they don't work. Fit is everything, also look at ratings on masks....that usually is a good barometer of how good a mask is. I like using The Cpap Shop, they have ratings on all of the masks they sell and will exchange a mask (no questions asked)! Also they are good to work with via email, because my voice is weak. Good luck!

Go to cpap.com and search for remzzzzz,s ita cloth that fits the face mask and provides good comfort. It also stops maks farts.

I use the quattro fx Manx also. Face care is important as I have figured out. I wash my face and use astringent right before I put the mask on. I get a good 8 hours before the oils build up again and it won't seal. A wipe of astringent cleans it of and I'm good to go for more time.

Also, if he just started he may need to ease up to that number. It took me 3 months to build up to the number I am currently at.

Brian my respiratory guy said 21 was the highest I could go. How how can we go?

Ta-ta for now,
Tracy

Patrick's suggestion of the remzzzz is a good one. Although we haven't tried them, I actually made my own "gasket" out of the fabric they use to clean glasses with. I made three out of one large micro cloth that I had and wash them regularly. They absorb the oil on my husbands face and right from the start decreased the leaking, even though my husband has a short moustache and goatee.

Paulette

Brian my respiratory guy said 21 was the highest I could go. How how can we go?

Ta-ta for now,
Tracy

I don't know. Might be an interesting individual thing based on body size. That came from my pulmonologist though, not just something I fiddled with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back