Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
SC
City
Gaffney
Starting construction on new bed/bathroom addition tomorrow. The VA Rep has been great in helping to get this started. :razz:

That's great news! you will definetaly see a differance to having a shower room etc, since I moved into my new adapted house my stress level is down and I can accept more invitations out etc, had to wait a long time but worth it,Anne xx

That is excellent news. I would agree with Celticgirl you will see a great difference. We did. :)

Congratulations! We had a great first meeting with our VA rep and are now waiting in input from our builder. Did it take you long to get the plans approved?

I would be interested to know the time-frame this happened in.
I submitted my chosen bid (and the other 2) a few weeks back and am now waiting...

Gregk, I am taking option 4 on the home improve. Under option 4 I can go ahead and build the addition using the VA MPR's and pay for it myself. The VA will do a final inspection and if everything is ok, they will apply the grant to the mortgage balance. They told me it would take 4-6 months to get approved for everything the 3-4 months to build. I felt that was a long time to have to wait so I am using my 401k to build first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back