07/2010
Country
US
State
California
City
Rancho Santa Fe
Greetings:

I need your opinions and input if possible. I have the opportunity to participate in a phase 2 clinical trial in either Gilenya or Rasagiline, and I don't know which one to give the edge to. My neurologist has given the thumbs-up to both. Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

I am in the Fingolimod trial, but have not started yet as I have to wait another 25 days w/o the ProCardia in my system.

>Rasagiline

this one is a bit scary. No one seems to know what it does, if it works, and I have not seen ALS references yet ...

I did rasagiline one year trial. don't think final report has been filed. doing azilect off label now....been over two years since I started rasagiline....DXed 2/2010....slow progression....don't know if rasagililine or azilect is helping or not...I will stay with it until I learn more about it or start having side effects....

>been over two years since I started rasagiline....diagnoseded 2/2010....slow progression....don't know if rasagililine or azilect is helping or not...I will stay with it until I learn more about it or start having side effects...

How can I get it? my progression is not slow ...

talk to your clinic neuro....my neuro is where I did the rasagiline trial...he might contact dr Richard boram at Kansas uni als med cntr

will do, thanks!

I'm on Gilenya for my MS and have had great results.

big problem with drug trials...rarely will a report be published...PALS have no idea what the drug did or didn't do....we need that information to help make decisions...

>I'm on Gilenya for my MS and have had great results.
>big problem with drug trials...rarely will a report be published...P

the good news is that Gilenye/Fingolimod is FDA approved for r/r ms, with 70k users now. I wish we could just get it.

>I'm on Gilenya for my MS and have had great results.
>big problem with drug trials...rarely will a report be published...P

the good news is that Gilenye/Fingolimod is FDA approved for r/r ms, with 70k users now. I wish we could just get it.

At the moment, you and me both. My insurance refused to pay for it this year and it's $4509/mo. I make too much money to get any assistance so they told me to quit my job to get meds. I'm lucky enough that I can do cartwheels around my house and you would never know I had MS and I'm the breadwinner of my family so I can either suck the government tit or be a productive member of society. It baffles me.

>My insurance refused to pay for it this year and it's $4509/mo.

Wow! :-(

>I'm lucky enough that I can do cartwheels around my house and you would never know I had MS

That's great but be careful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back