Reason
Loved one DX
Country
UK
State
England - Lancashire
City
Manchester
Hi.My brother was diagnosed with ALS about 2 years back .He has progressively become weaker and now has 24 hour care which is split between 5 carers.The care package has been managed poorly by an agency and we've decided to manage his needs ourselves.We're in the process of recruiting suitable carers to meet his needs.Does anyone know of any qualified/experienced carers?or where i should be looking or advertising?I've posted an advert on 'Gumtree' and 'Indeed' but had no luck .The responses i've had are from people who are inexperienced /new to ALS,don't have the appropriate paperwork ie work permit/CRB or can work only for 20 hours.Is there are a register of MND nurses/carers that i can access?We're doing this to provide our brother with the care and comfort he needs.If you know of a carer we'd appreciate contact details.Thanks for your support.

What will the NHS provide?

The MND Association might be a good start. They're based in England.

Hi.My brother was diagnosed with ALS about 2 years back .He has progressively become weaker and now has 24 hour care which is split between 5 carers.The care package has been managed poorly by an agency and we've decided to manage his needs ourselves.We're in the process of recruiting suitable carers to meet his needs.Does anyone know of any qualified/experienced carers?or where i should be looking or advertising?I've posted an advert on 'Gumtree' and 'Indeed' but had no luck .The responses i've had are from people who are inexperienced /new to ALS,don't have the appropriate paperwork ie work permit/CRB or can work only for 20 hours.Is there are a register of MND nurses/carers that i can access?We're doing this to provide our brother with the care and comfort he needs.If you know of a carer we'd appreciate contact details.Thanks for your support.

The Nhs provide the funding.I'll try the MND for contactcs Thanks

The Nhs provide the funding.I'll try the MND for contactcs Thanks

I am a caregiver interested in working with people with als. My experiences so far have been as an overnight sitter with a gentlemen in his third year with als. I became quite familiar with positioning techniques, utilizing communication skills(tobi and nonverbal), and the fact that hospital staff as a whole do not have the time or patience to provide the attention required for people in these situations. Any suggestions from your research that may make me a more attractable caregiver to those in need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back