Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Pinehurst
This topic came up on another thread, so if anyone wants to kick in their experiences and thoughts on what may have caused our ALS I would find it interesting.

This link came up recently on one of the forums: The origin of Lou Gehrig's disease may have just been discovered - Medical News Today

Also:

----- snip
Default Re: Former French Tennis Professional has ALS
>The timing of these events has caused me to wonder if this has been the underlying cause in my case. I think it is worthy of discussion.

me, too – – Although I don't remember that many vaccinations in the military.I think the military's explanation for the 2x incidence of ALS is stress. Not that I necessarily believe that . Of course we had agent orange but I'm not sure my exposure was anything like the guys on the ground.

I do see recurring suggestions that there may be some kind of a trigger or event that starts the ALS progression. In my case, we think my onset was in September 2010 and I cannot think of any significant "triggering event".

Don I do think this is a subject worthy of discussion. Also there was a recent wink on the so-called discovery of the cause of ALS. I think I send it to my Facebook wall, so I'll see if it's there and post it in a new thread titled "causes of ALS?" Or something like it.
----- end snip

wonder how many have ALS that was NEVER vaccinated

any specific vaccinations you have in mind?

>any specific vaccinations you have in mind?

Hi, Tillie -- I don't necessarily buy into these, but they are thought provoking ...

----- snip Are You Suffering From ALS?

The scientific evidence linking military service with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis – also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease) is too strong to ignore. Many veterans with ALS and researchers point fingers at the military’s experimental and mandatory vaccines as the reason ALS occurs between one-and-a-half to twice as often in veterans than non-veterans.
----- end snip

and ...

----- snip Pandemrix swine flu vaccination linked to Bulbar ALS disease in Sweden | Case About Bird Flu

The governments of Ireland, Norway, Sweden and Finland have already confirmed thousands of cases of the sleeping disorder narcolepsy among people who took the swine flu Pandemrix vaccination in 2009.

Now, eight cases of people suffering from Bulbar amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a motor neurone disease, after taking a Pandemrix jab have emerged in Sweden.
----- end snip

and lots more, just google "vaccinations als"

I just did a quick search, and mostly I saw results about flu vaccines.

My PALS had never had any of these kinds of vaccine (until just the past 2 weeks with the pneumonia problems).

However, interesting is that 8 months before HE started noticing bulbar symptoms, he had the flu. I noticed that he seemed to retain a post nasal drip that annoyed his throat and he would do this funny throat clearing cough on and off every day. It wasn't anything at the time to signal to either of us that something was seriously wrong with him, even really that anything much was wrong, but it annoyed the hell out of me as he would do this little cough thing so often.

He hadn't had a flu for many years before that ...

just sayin

I had my first flu shot after my diagnosis. But I have always had bad ankles and wrists.

I mean NEVER had a vaccination including baby, childhood, adult , military, ect

Hi Tillie,
My mom who never really got sick before also had constant postnasal drip and clearing the throat almost the year before also. I had to comment after reading what you wrote.

Interesting emi, I don't want to hijack this important thread, but thought it worth mentioning. I have always been loathe to mention it in case it sparked the DIH folk to more panic!

Thanks pearshoot I thought you probably meant zero vaccinations of any kind.

Morning, Tillie --

> had constant postnasal drip and clearing the throat almost the year before also

this sure describes me now :)

I did have my 1st flu shot around 2000. Interesting ...

I had immunizations in 1954 at the age of six prior to traveling to Japan. They were given to me at the dispensary on a naval base. I recall several very painful rounds.

Yellow Fever?

My first husband, who was a Marine, in the 1970s remembers the corpsman lining them up and giving them all the vaccinations on the same day. I think there were 12 of them. I've always wondered about that and the increased rate of ALS In vets. I don't buy the stress theory because that would mean the guys who worked on the decks of aircraft carriers should have the most ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back