Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Flowermound
Hi my husband was diagnosed w/ALS 2 weeks ago. I am still in shock. I cant seem to stop crying . We have 3 sons 6,12 and 18.. It seems since his diagnosed he is progressing faster it started in his R big toe and now he has drop foot on the R side and the muscle fac. are now all over his body. He is R handed and now can not open a water bottle w/this hand. He said over the last few days that his throat is very sore. We are going for our 2nd visit to our 2nd neuro next week. Any suggestions?

Angie-

Very sorry about your husband. I know this is devastating news to you and your family. The shock, denial and anger will be with you for a while then you move to the next stages of seeking a way out, seeking realistic solutions and finally moving forward with acceptance. This is no easy road and is further complicated when you have young children.

Just know that this disease develops differently in each individual and the quickening of symptoms can plateau. So please try not to become too anxious.

Are you going to an ALS clinic to seek a 2nd opinion? Where do you live?

Please keep us informed, as everyone here is very supportive.

cj

ps- we also have a 6 year old son

Hi Angie-Sorry for what is happening to your family. the news usually hits quite hard so give yourself time to adjust. The people here are great and willing to discuss almost any topic related to living with ALS. Feel free to visit often. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back