Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
mi
City
warren
i was recently diagnosed with als and i was wondering if it is possible that the right side of my face drooping would be a symptom of the als or maybe something totally different. the right side of my face wont smile and i cant get into the doc until tommorrow. it happened overnight and my wife noticed, i couldnt even tell until i looked in the mirror, but it is very noticable. bells palsy?

thank you,
shawn

Shawn, can't say for sure about the face but I know my right eye lid droops which threw the docs off for a while as they thought maybe mg until they ruled that out. As I tire it can droop down to the point that it's closed which throws my depth perception off

The fact that it happened over night, certainly points away from ALS, and could be Bells Palsy. Do you still have sensation? If there is no sensation then it could be a sign of a stroke. Anytime someone may suspect a stroke they should go to ER, because there is a window of opportunity to reverse it in 24 hours. Bel's Palsy is treated with steroids, and can take some time to go away, and in some cases it never does.

SHAWN, STOP READING THIS and go to the emergency room. That's the big sign of a stroke. Seriously.

>SHAWN, STOP READING THIS and go to the emergency room. That's the big sign of a stroke. Seriously.

ditto that!

Get the ER immediately! It is stroke symptoms. Plus, if it is truly a stroke there is a timeline on when they can give you certain drugs to stop it. You are a fool to be on here with that going on. Kim

I agree...that is classic stroke symptom. Get thee to the ER.

Shawn,
Did a dr. come out and say directly that you do have ALS or are you assuming again?

Shawn it definately sounds like stroke symptoms to me, if I was you go to the ER asap, the sooner the better! Let us know how you get on, Anne

Yup,
Get to ER right away

>...the right side of my face drooping ...overnight and my wife noticed

What did ER say?

hey skipper66. i dont appreciate you assuming u know my whole story and it wasnt an assumption i had als, my pcp has had 3 family members with it, it just was not confifmed till 3/24. i definitely do have als. if you dont have anything nice to say. dont say it. the facial droop turned out to be bells palsy. i had just had every test known to man over the last two weeks,. ive already signed up for ssd, and am dealing closely with my local als assoc. i appreciate everyones advice.

thanks
shawn

wow Shawn, I'm glad to hear it wasn't a stroke.

me too, thank you very much tillie

Hi Shawn,
Very sorry to hear that you do actually have ALS and the Bells palsy on top of it. What a challenge for you. Hope you have family and friends to support you. Best of luck to you. Plus, at times I think I got your posts mixed up with someone else. But, I do feel there are alot of people on here that are very insensitive on the DIHALS link. They talk how they can exercise like crazy and then claim they have ALS. I feel is a mockery to the people who do truly have it. Then there are the one's who try to use this as a lonely hearts club. There a many good penpal sites on the internet. I will quit responding to your posts and will start showing more respect. I work in a Er setting so I truly thought you were having a stroke. Take care, Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back