Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Anyone using? It is supposed to allow you to control a Mac with head movements. Don't think it works with Ipad. If anyone has a Mac I am told there is a free trial. Would love to know how it works!

I downloaded the free trial (iTracker) and tried it w/ an iMac. It didn't seem sensitive enough for my very-limited-movement husband who gets vertigo but you can see how it works for you -- a laptop would prob work better. But for an iPad, the ability to use your head as a switch is built in. Just change the accessibility settings ("switch control").

Thank you! Will have to play with this but it may work at least for some things.

I'm confused as to what you mean by using your head as a switch on the iPad?

My husband has an iPad and we have a jelly bean switch that he uses, so I'm a bit familiar with the accessibility options as we went to touch anywhere before moving to the switch.

It came with one of IOS 7 updates. You can find demos and info by searching control ipad with head. I could not make it work last night but I will try again when less tired. Not sure whether the eyetwig does more somehow. Someone posted on my FALS group using eyetwig and I could not see how the ipad settings would do that. Trying to get access to a Mac to try that

thanks Nikki I will do that!

It would be easier I am sure for my husband to use his head as his hands are nearly gone completely, but as he has the switch concept worked out, converting to head control shouldn't be too bad for him.

I will let you know in this thread how it goes. A nice weekend leisure activity ;)

Eyetwig is for the Mac OS only, not the iOS.
You can set up the head as a switch (and still use something else as a switch; you can set up use of two at a time, each w/ a different function) in the Settings of the iPad (Settings/Accessibility/Switch Control). Scroll through all the settings since they include things like head movement detection sensitivity and scan speed.
The RJ Cooper site has a great tutorial on setting up iPad switches.

There is also something for windows. Cameramouse dot org. It seems similar need windows and a webcam. It says it can work from a laptop camera too. It is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back